Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hl2.exe failure

1. Default hl2.exe failure

This is becoming a PITA now. Has anyone else had this error happen to them?

"hl2.exe" has stopped working (not exact but you get the drift). I'm not sure how much it affects the game, but frequesntly I see the error box when I log off.

Any ideas of how to fix this or civil remarks on what to do or pointing the way to a techie that would know? (I'm saving Valve as a last resort)

All input appreciated in advance.

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

I've had it before but it's not happened since I installed windows 7
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

Haven't had that problem. Did you just recently update and now your having problems? If not it could be software/hardware problems.

4. Default

go into launch options and put in -32bit might do the trick.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

All the time cause I have Vista. I just ignore it until I can get Windows 7

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    All the time cause I have Vista. I just ignore it until I can get Windows 7

I have Windows 7. It happened with XP Pro, and Vista Home Premium as well. I thought that Win 7 Premium Home Edition would alleviate the problems I had which it did EXCEPT for the hl2.exe thing

***NOTE - I do save the whole file on a back up system as it's a stand alone program and did reload it from the backup when I did the clean install for Win 7 on 2 new raptors in raid 0... Don't know for sure but that really shouldn't make a difference IMO

DED

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post

This is becoming a PITA now. Has anyone else had this error happen to them?

"hl2.exe" has stopped working (not exact but you get the drift). I'm not sure how much it affects the game, but frequesntly I see the error box when I log off.

Any ideas of how to fix this or civil remarks on what to do or pointing the way to a techie that would know? (I'm saving Valve as a last resort)

All input appreciated in advance.

DED
    This usually happens when minimizing the game. If I recall, it's because of the Source Engine. Not much we can do 'bout that.

By the way, don't bother with Valve, they won't help because they're aware of the problem, and they won't be bothered with it. (I know from experience.)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

have you tried disabling the steam community in game...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    have you tried disabling the steam community in game...
    No I haven't. Although I can't see the connection I'll give it a try but I like to be available for the players in case they need me to deal with a situation.]]]

I will try it though and thx Zero, I think :P

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

10. Default

did you try the -32 bit thing in the launch options?

half life 2 doesnt work on vista for me if I dont put that in.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.