Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - its a glitch

3 60.00%
  • No - Fun little perk

2 40.00%

Thread: WCS: Santa Ultimate

1. Default WCS: Santa Ultimate

Okay, I'm tired of arguing with superman about this on the WCS server. Everyone knows that Santa's ultimate gives off the white snow when killed while using the ultimate.

Superman: Says its a glitch and considered ghosting and therefore if using it you can't spectate anyone.

Me: Perfectly fine to use while dead on anyone while spectating as its (I'm assuming) a seasonal class and will probably go away after the holidays. I see it as a fun little extra, and its not a big deal as it just does what strider's ultimate does with the line that follows it. And Zero has never said it was a glitch.

What does the community think?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Playlist

Fallout 3(360)
    CS: Source
    GriD(360)
    DiRt(360

Ok, so, one thing ive noticed when killing a Santa or a Strider is if you kill them while they are flying around, they become a spirit of sorts. When they are specing noone and flying around it is cool and pleaseing to the eye, but when they spec someone, they put a large ring around that person announcing to anyone and everyone their were abouts if encountered, thus making it so they can not counter attacks by hiding and if already a hiding class, giving away their location, negating the class ability. Recoil<ibis.a> and I had a little discussion about this matter. He seems to think that it is not a glitch and is alright to spec anyone he wants if and when he is a spirit, giving away any chance of them trying to hide, and in santa's case, making it hard for the person to see with white specs floating infront of their screen. I have been telling people not to spec anyone for the simple fact that ghosting in ANY form is against the rules, even if your not telling people exact locations. While people have those rings around their bodies, they are far more easy to see and shoot at, and that person has the disadvantage of not being able to shoot straight while the blue and white float in their screen.

3. Default

What is this ring? Are you saying it continues to output the snow. If so this will be corrected in a future release and a patch for both races. (when I figure out how to fix it)

4. Default

Okay, Superman, Zero says it is a glitch and I will follow that, I just figured it was a cool little bonus for Santa.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Playlist

Fallout 3(360)
    CS: Source
    GriD(360)
    DiRt(360

yes, if you die while you are flying and as ofcourse you know you auto spec that person, it puts a circle around them with white snow falling, disrupting the view of the person your specing and leaving a long white trail behind them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What is this ring? Are you saying it continues to output the snow. If so this will be corrected in a future release and a patch for both races. (when I figure out how to fix it)

6. Default

if you're dead and it puts a glow on someone you're specing then that clearly needs 2 be removed lol. that's a glitch. and santa is not a seasonal class, it's a perm class.

ive had that white snow on me before and had no clue wtf is going on, it also would get in the way of my cross hairs when I was trying 2 shoot and run backwards. deff something that needs 2 be fixed.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

I think it is a crime I can't use this class.

Absolutely criminal, guys.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I think it is a crime I can't use this class.

Absolutely criminal, guys.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Then I will maintain enforcing people not to spectate people while in spirit form. Thanks for the clarification.