Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZM test server

1. Default

Future version is planned to have ability to turn music on and off and the buffer overflow can be stopped with a sm plugin. There is no way to increase side to side speed.

Kavinsky once everything is moved from eventscrips to source mod it should lag considerably less
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I do however have a few suggestions for zm

start putting up polls on the main page like they do at planet half life
    http://planethalflife.gamespy.com/

and let then tell everyone to vote on what they want done with said thing,
    like go back to the old zm music, remove all zm music, that kind of thing

and seeing as you cant be everywhere at once why not put someone whos here for the most part and plays zm all the time in charge of the servers map rotation, I mean for crying outloud zm 4 way space tunnel is still on rotation allong with zm retard.

also I do have an idea for the test bead server, how about lowering the classics knockback and increasing its side to side maneuverability?

it seems like if you did that it would be a good intermediate between the preds and the fasts.
    I really like the idea of the poll. More feedback is never a bad thing.

I've had to replace all the default sound files with blank MP3's so I can freaking play my own music or no have music at all and still hear people. Not to mention having music in ZMod and a music mod kind-of defeats the purpose of the music-mod seeing as the music mod doesn't replace the zmod music, but rather adds a rather odd track above the trance and such. I always seem to hear the devil talking to me whenever I use both the default zmod music and the mod. It's either that or the gobs of acid I just dropped.

Fuck.

I'm fairly certain that if an admin or a regular were proactive to keep in sem-constant communication via pm or email with Zero in regards to map updates and general trends in what people like and maps that work better with different quantities of players (reactor when there are like 5 people is bad, or little town with 43 is bad, etc.) that he would be interested in that and follow up. I don't know if someone else has to be in charge of it, especially since any changes would have to be through the server. The only people I would trust with uploading or editing server files would be the co-owner of the server.

I absolutely love the idea for the classic. Not even the strafe speed so much as the knock back being lowered. Aside from the infected (in before the "INFECTEDS ARE AWESOME" crowd), classics are just downright awful. Just ask Damion. He played one for the longest time and was awful at it.

I love you Damion. It's the acid talking.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

4. Default

It just seems like the too many maps problem never gets delt with.

I mean yes we have admins on who select the maps for the votes but there always the same maps because they go for the ones everyone knows and theres far too many to choose from for us to really give any new ones a chance.

All I'm proposing in that respect is maybe make someone like James can be put in charge of the map selection for Zmod and then Zero can focus on getting the mod abit more stable and trying out new ideas in the testbed server.

I mean yes Zero will have control over the maps that get removed.

For example, if he likes one of the ones James wants to remove, then of course he can and will make sure its not removed and there's nothing James can do about that but for the most part he can get the map selection successfully thinned out.

One other thing that I find kinda funny is that bad map thursday seems to be the exact opposite of that, its more like interestng maps we never play thursday.

and therefore this oh were saving it for bmt should not be a legitimate reason to keep maps like 4 way space tunnel and zm retard, that should only appy to the few maps that are so bad that they are fun to play.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 01-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.

5. Default

Like I said with the music I am planning on programing my own version that allows you to turn it on and off.

6. Default

I started working on the sm version of the ambient music mod. It is going to be a very difficult program to make but once I am done and release the code I am sure that we can end up with one that is vastly improved from our current one. Because it might take a while to program I am going to instead focus on trying to get the new zm swap done and then ween off the last es plugins over time.

This way we will be able to take advantage of the improved game play on escape maps sooner.

Expect large scale final testing within the next 2 weeks.