Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Total War

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    best way to quell rebellion is to stop it before it begins. maange your taxes till, it goes to green.
    I think I like medi 2 more heh. which I just bought for 5 dollars on steam lol

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

same i think im gonna get it on steam too..

3. Default

same i think im gonna get it on steam too..
    you ever had lag issues while playing empire? for some reason I would get horrible lag when I would pan the camera around the world map....
    Last edited by maynard; 01-04-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Medi2 is the shit. Rome total war is still my fav though, i don't like guns added into the combat.
    -MBP

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Medi2 is the shit. Rome total war is still my fav though, i don't like guns added into the combat.
    yeah, but you don't get guns into waaaay later in the game...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

yeah once i advanced to gunpowder in medi 2 i converted every castle into a city lol to accomodate my new standard army lol mostly guns cannons and light cav ahaha i enjoyed crushing the french early on to.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I did that, cause that was the command for medi 2.... but in this 1 it just changes 2 my armed infantry when I hit < or >

is there any way 2 get a bonus for conquering?????

when a place starts rebelling how the fuck do you stop it with military??? or can you? cause the automated help NPC thing tells me 2 send my military in and wipe them out or lower taxes, but I don't get how I use the military 2 kill them.

You cannot stop a rebellion untill it has happend, try to change your political leaders to have higher stars and also not have negative effects on the happyness of populations, generaly the larger you get your going to want to change your gov type by having a revolution to become a republic, which means you will get shit leaders now and again but your people will still be happier than as a monarchy. This total war is very hard and its hard to decide what is more effective in the game.... as far as changing unit positions, Hold down right click and pull your mouse in whatever direction untill you see unit positions, then you will move your mouse to change the formation to how you like, you can make your unit lines thicker, or thinner, wider or shorter, each is beter for specific situations, a long single line is extremely effective against line infantry but weak against melee units such as calvary.

As far as MTW2 goes I always have all of europe or eastern europe and the middle east by the time gunpowder hits, (No cheats) hell if you do the Holy roman empire correctly you can have all of europe by turn 40... I did all the was required by turn 30... unfortunatly on very hard the second your excommunicated every country (even muslims) will declare war on you if they can.

Then again before I got CSS i always played Rome Total war so ive become pretty seasond on these games.

Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith in this.

8. Default

well if any of you are game for it im up for a little medi 2 battle's pm me if your up for some epic battle's

9. Default

well if any of you are game for it im up for a little medi 2 battle's pm me if your up for some epic battle's
    ive never tried an online battle before... but I'm down

EDIT... nvm.. forgot my internet is fucked till like the 12'th... guess I can't play with ya till then =(
    Last edited by maynard; 01-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    ive never tried an online battle before... but I'm down

EDIT... nvm.. forgot my internet is fucked till like the 12'th... guess I can't play with ya till then =(
    Quick tip, do not use militia or any form of light infantry that you would use in the campaign, while they work well in campaign they suck HORRIBLY in the online battles.... ur beter off with the most expensive best troups possible.... Incedentaly the turks jannisary heavy inf. can beat any other inf. unit in one on one... threw me way off because i always thought the hashashim and conquistidors were the strongest...

Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith in this.