Thread: Name Change

1. Default Name Change

I have looked completely thru the menu as well as mani cmds and cannot find a way to change the players name in game anywhere.

IE: "unamed" players which have had an excessive amount lately and it gets old having to explain why, whereto's, and why's

Can I get some help here please + thanks
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

I think its ma_cexec (<partial user name, user id or steam id> <client command>) <partial user name>
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

3. Default

It's ma_cexec.

So it would be "ma_cexec unnamed name i am a homo" with out the "

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

ma_cexec "steam_id" name "new name"

to be exact.

5. Default

ma_cexec X name Y

Will work as well. Where X is the person's current name that you want to change, and Y is the name you want to change it to. That's what I do. If you see such classics as "ITOUCHMYSELFALLLLTHETIME" or "I do bad things with hampster" or "Ipleasuremyselfwithaflashlight" those guys are pretty much my legacy within the server.

As a side note, make sure that you use enough of the partial name to distinguish it from any similar names. It will use the first alphabetically if you don't. The steam ID would be more accurate. If you are using names which are more than one word, make sure you use quotation marks or it will just use the first word of whatever you put in. (except the first name variable, it will come up as an error).

Examples:

ma_cexec "unnamed" name "I touch myself with sharp things"

It will pop up in the console something like 'ran name "I touch myself with sharp things"' Likewise, it will pop up that player unnamed has changed their name to I touch myself with sharp things.

If you want to change it from there, here's an example of what NOT to do:

ma_cexec I touch myself with sharp things name "I touch myself with hot objects"

It will pop up an error where no command named "touch" is found. Any time you're working with names put quotations around them and you'll be safe.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    I have looked completely thru the menu as well as mani cmds and cannot find a way to change the players name in game anywhere.

IE: "unamed" players which have had an excessive amount lately and it gets old having to explain why, whereto's, and why's

ma_cexec "name" name "name you want"

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post

Its easy man. Just type in status in console.

Example lets say "534 Unnamed steamid:1234567"

The thing you need is either the number or players name but number usually works best I have found for the players names that are impossible to type for such names as "aweOIjeiojefmiodfo3e@#@48123492"

Just type this in console

ma_cexec 534 name "Name of your choosing"
    EDIT: Damnit I didn't realize 6 other people had already responded.

8. Default

[QUOTE=walterbrunswick;46658]
    Quote Originally Posted by *Holy-Dart* View Post

No you yours is correct and also learn how to quote properly lol.
    Thank you all,,, And WALTER, Plz stop being a complete pita although we still luvya :P
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>