Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ban after leaving

Default ban after leaving

How do you ban someone after they have left the server? Also, how do you get their ip's?

2. Default

you should try the admin help forum, not dicussions.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Yeah, if a forum moderator could change it, thats cool.

4. Default

It is not possible. I believe only ZERO and Jigsaw can actually do that.

Btw, where has Jiggy been?

5. Default

Manually putting in the ban request into console will work for you:

ma_ban <player name, partial player name, steam id or user id> <ban time>

If you don't put in a number (greater than 0) in the variable for ban time it WILL permanently ban them. Big no-no unless you caught them hacking, etc. It will ban by the information you put into the console; i.e. it will be a "ban-by-name" if you put the players name in, "ban-by-steamID" if you put the players steam ID in, etc.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post

If you don't put in a number (greater than 0) in the variable for ban time it WILL permanently ban them. Big no-no unless you caught them hacking, etc. It will ban by the information you put into the console; i.e. it will be a "ban-by-name" if you put the players name in, "ban-by-steamID" if you put the players steam ID in, etc.
    That doesn't work unless the player is in the server.

I tried that after they left and it said it couldn't find that player. So, i guess I will just have to wait till he shows up, I don't have his info anymore.

8. Default

jig is still probably at basic training for jarheads... hes probably moved on to his mos training by now though..

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

9. Default

That's really odd. It should add the players name/steam id/IP to the ban list.

EDIT --

ma_aban_name <a player name> <ban time>
    ma_aban_pname <a partial player name> <ban time>

Those two commands should physically add the player to the ban list. When they log in next time they should be automatically banned. Try that?
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

That's really odd. It should add the players name/steam id/IP to the ban list.
    Like I said, only ZERO and Jigsaw have that power.

The system works based on who is in the server. If it can't find the specific I.D. or name in the server, it doesn't ban anyone.