Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: flash while shooting

Ok, reinstalled the game and its still flashing the hell out of me. I really need some help, I can't play if I can't see. I get flashed on fucking ultimates, on shooting people, on getting shot. I can't play blind.

2. Default

That same thing happens to me. I thought it was one of their abilities or something.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

So it happens to both of you regardless of race?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    So it happens to both of you regardless of race?
    I was on a laptop that barely got 20 fps, but yeah.. I'll play again tonight and see if there's a difference.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

If this recently happened it could either be an update, cache or hardware issue (which I highly doubt).

-An update
    If you recently had a windows update, updated gfx card or third party driver update you will need to check for any conflicts in event viewer or device manager. If no problems then proceed to cache.

-Cache
    This one is tricky because I am unsure of where all of css cache goes to, but the main area that I know of is...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Your STEAM ID\counter-strike source\cstrike\cache

rename cache to cache-old and re-launch steam and play css normally, it should create a new cache folder. If not delete the cache folder (Not Perminently though just incase if any conflicts occur with your steam client).

If this still fails you might want to try a full re-install of css. Just delete local game content when you click on properties of css in the game list. After deleting local game content delete your counter-strike directory.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Your Steam ID\counter-strike source folder.

Re-launch steam and download the game content again, just to be re-assured just clean out your whole computer while css re-downloads. Run CC Cleaner or your prefered cleaning software. Once your pc is clean and you downloaded CSS and start the game again and re-configure your whole game, this should be fixed. If not, you will then need to look at the hardware level or server level (Which I highly doubt). There are possiblities where ATI products malfunction on the game which is modified (Warcraft MOD). Valve did impliment auto-hardware detection which dynamically configures your display settings depending on what graphic card is found by counter-strike engine. If the game is modified out of the range of which is normal there could be a graphic conflict which is pretty hard to fix unless you modify your display settings manually. Try to change your graphic settings less and high and see if this fixes your issue. I do apoligize if this does not resolve your issue.

I hope this helps,
    KOOBERZ
    "I suck at playing games, but I know the games internal structures"

Omg Leet Score! 10 Kills 50 Deaths

6. Default

this happens to me too, but not all the time.

OK, 1, It isn't the cache, I cleared out the game intirely and reinstalled a fresh copy, before I went anywhere else, I went to the wcs server and it still flash's. 2nd, I have messed around with my video settings (running 2 Radeon HD 4870's Crossfired), dropped one card and used only 1 card and did the same, put settings on low, did the same, overclocked my settings to the max, kept flashing. I don't know what else it could be. I have been trying to search online to see if anyone else has the same issue, but its taking more time than i thought to search for the correct wording on the issue. I signed up on the WCS mod website and will be posting something there shortly to see if they might have an idea. If anyone has any other idea's, please share. Im sure its more than just 2 people who are getting flashed when they do just about everything. I will also be doing some tests myself to see if I can come up with, maybe even trying a XfX Nvida 920 or something.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    OK, 1, It isn't the cache, I cleared out the game intirely and reinstalled a fresh copy, before I went anywhere else, I went to the wcs server and it still flash's. 2nd, I have messed around with my video settings (running 2 Radeon HD 4870's Crossfired), dropped one card and used only 1 card and did the same, put settings on low, did the same, overclocked my settings to the max, kept flashing. I don't know what else it could be. I have been trying to search online to see if anyone else has the same issue, but its taking more time than i thought to search for the correct wording on the issue. I signed up on the WCS mod website and will be posting something there shortly to see if they might have an idea. If anyone has any other idea's, please share. Im sure its more than just 2 people who are getting flashed when they do just about everything. I will also be doing some tests myself to see if I can come up with, maybe even trying a XfX Nvida 920 or something.
    I just tested it, and I'm still getting the flashing. I'm on my home computer too. Does it happen with everyone you shoot? Or just most of them?

I believe it has to do with people's race, and/or abilities. Do you have the bash ability? Or is there any kind of ability that has to do with blinding, or something? (I literally just started WCS 3 days ago, I know nothing about the races or classes. I'm more of a ZM person, so sorry for my ignorance.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I just tested it, and I'm still getting the flashing. I'm on my home computer too. Does it happen with everyone you shoot? Or just most of them?

I believe it has to do with people's race, and/or abilities. Do you have the bash ability? Or is there any kind of ability that has to do with blinding, or something? (I literally just started WCS 3 days ago, I know nothing about the races or classes. I'm more of a ZM person, so sorry for my ignorance.)
    It happens with any race, while I shoot any race. It also happens when I get shot by any race, or stabbed by flame preds, it also happens when I use my ultimate, some say it happens to them, but its only a small, instant flash and its gone quickly as it appears, mine lasts for, no lie, counted myself, 6 seconds before it starts to drop.

Yeah, still getting flashed, couldn't take it, went to the GG server. If anyone has ideas for me to try, please let me know. Thanks!