Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proper ADMIN tags

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    <ibis> clan member

<ibis.a> admin

I don't know how you can claim this is not noticeably diff lol

I don't get how this could be confusing or not sufficient...1 is clearly IBIS and 1 is an Ibis Admin.

Ibis.a might not be in Ibis, but we do admin the Ibis servers... saying we should make some new tag that's diff is kind of rude.
    Well making mine different was my choice... I saw others with it and liked the way it looked. I still felt I was also following Zero's rule of having ibis.a in my tag. I playd with Zero and other members of clan and never got a complaint.

2. Default

Actually I think it's rude for someone to tell people their tag is wrong and they have no ownership to the clan.

As I stated and as Vlad stated as long as ibis.a is somewhere on your name it shouldn't matter what it looks like. ZERO has not made any mention of this, and personally when I got that email, I took it as my name should include ibis.a not the entire bracket of sorts. Maybe instead if ZERO used quotations everyone would add the quotations as well. It's interpreted to the reader. There is bigger issues then what the admins tag should be, like those who use admin powers without having "ibis.a" attached.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

no no no no no you both got me wrong

when I said that's rude I meant 2 this

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Considering people in the ibis clan use <ibis> and the admins use <ibis.a> even if they aren't part of the clan, I think i would rather have them use something else like that to show they aren't part of the clan.

I think it's rude of this guy 2 say admins should make themselfs more distant from the clan.

personally I don't care what your name looks like as long as theres an ibis or ibis a in it... wasn't saying ppl who due diff then the traditional are bad.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Sorry to cause any confusion here or misunderstanding. I was simply referring to the email that I got from Zero ref how to display an ADMIN tag and nothing to do with the IBIS clan members.
    As I said initially I followed the email instructions sent to me by Zero an how to display the admin tag for an IBIS admin.

Below please find the EXACT copy of the email that I received from Zero. I thought that that was pretty self explanatory. My guess is that this was to identify all the admins for IBIS with one tag that was identical and as put forth by the #1 setting the rules, standards, etc.

Of course I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

ADMIN‏
    Sent: Sun 10/18/09 1:49 PM
    To:

Thank you for subscribing to admin,

You account will be activated shortly please place the <ibis.a> tag after your name to identify yourself as an admin. Also remember to take note of the conditions outlined in the TOS.

Thanks for your support of IBIS Gaming,
    ZERO <ibis>
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

When I first became admin I had that in my name. "aNex <ibis.a>" Then all the other admins made fun of me and called me gay. I put in "| ibis.a" only because I wanted to be cool like everyone else!

God Dennis you have no idea what its like to be a young impressionable admin!

btw, still not changing.

6. Default

I'm THE HOLY SH**! | ibis.a

Been like this for as long as i can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

7. Default

Often times brackets are used to describe what is included in a syntax. Like <red> referring to the color values -255 to 255. In other words, an "insert here". So when I see brackets used I tend to ignore them since they are meant to focus on what is found within them. I'm not sure if Zero meant for brackets to be put around ibis.a or if he meant it in the previous manner, that your name must contain ibis.a, but I personally would prefer the added room for creativity. As long as the letters appear in plain view and not some strange alt-code, I see no problem with a touch of personality.

8. Default

here this will settle it.

if your an admin all you need to have at the end of your name is ibis.a

if your a clan member it just needs to be <ibis>

for admins it doesn't matter how you put it the ibis.a, <ibis.a>, | ibis.a, (ibis.a)

all people need to know is that your an admin by the a in your name.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    Often times brackets are used to describe what is included in a syntax. Like <red> referring to the color values -255 to 255. In other words, an "insert here". So when I see brackets used I tend to ignore them since they are meant to focus on what is found within them. I'm not sure if Zero meant for brackets to be put around ibis.a or if he meant it in the previous manner, that your name must contain ibis.a, but I personally would prefer the added room for creativity. As long as the letters appear in plain view and not some strange alt-code, I see no problem with a touch of personality.

+1.

Werd.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

10. Default

Back when I played UO clans came with <'s as identifiers. Likewise, WoW does the same thing.

Also, back when I played Star Craft way too much I was in a clan that used the <'s as a part of the clan title.

So when I saw "please place the <ibis.a> tag after your name to identify yourself as an admin." I took it exactly as it said -- I placed the <ibis.a> tag after my name. In my experience; when used with some unique identifier (names, pronouns) <'s are meant to be used in conjunction with what is in between them.

For example: ZERO <ibis> or OMGBEARS <ibis.a>

Since IBIS is the clan that ZERO is apart of, and since I am an admin on IBIS servers, we use the whole identifier.

When used in other things with non-unique identifiers (not names) they are similar to quotations in their use.

For example: <insert witty statement here>.

I see where you're coming from, Dennis. I simply think that ZERO has put much thought into how admins display their tags beyond the email that every admin gets upon activation. 99% sure he doesn't care.

But I do, Dennis. I do.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?