Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Proper ADMIN tags

1. Default Proper ADMIN tags

W/O trying to be too picky here I'd like to bring up a point of interest to the admins and future admins.

When you got your admin approval from Zero, you rec'd an email that went like this as I'm relatively sure that they are all a generic reply....

"Thank you for subscribing to admin,

You account will be activated shortly please place the <ibis.a> tag after your name to identify yourself as an admin. Also remember to take note of the conditions outlined in the TOS.

Thanks for your support of IBIS Gaming,
    ZERO <ibis> "

Please notice that it doesn't say to do Homer Simpson | ibis A, or Homer Simpson {ibis|A}, or any other creative way you feel that you see fit to be different and set yourself apart from the SOP of the requested <ibis.a> tag designated in the email from Zero.

I do not mean to bitch out anyone specific, nor do I mean to be a PITA, HOWEVER, if we are all admins, wouldn't it be best to have the same tag so it will be a more recognizable symbol of authority than just creating your own?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

2. Default

makes sense....

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Makes sense, but how are you going to enforce this?

People already recognise the ibis.a no matter what as an authoritative power...
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

4. Default

My tag is going to remain the same. "aNex | ibis.a"

5. Default

Honestly, I don't think it matters much as long as the whole ibis.a is represented somewhere on the name. I also think a few people out of respect distinct themselves from the clan members who wear the <ibis> tag with the angle brackets.

Also keep in mind you're talking about a group of admins who have been around since 2008. It's ZERO's call, but unless you are talking about a clan member, it's an admin tag, and it holds a different status. It shouldn't be put with guidelines unless its a clan member.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

6. Default

Considering people in the ibis clan use <ibis> and the admins use <ibis.a> even if they aren't part of the clan, I think i would rather have them use something else like that to show they aren't part of the clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Considering people in the ibis clan use <ibis> and the admins use <ibis.a> even if they aren't part of the clan, I think i would rather have them use something else like that to show they aren't part of the clan.
    Lol... they already are... 1 is the clan tag only, 1 has an A 2 show it's an admin.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

He's saying he would much rather see the admins use something else other than <ibis.a> to distinguish that they are not in the clan and are just an admin. Like I said, the brackets are the clans tag. An admin tag should be noticeably different from a clan tag.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

I know a few Gungame admins that use | ibis.a

I was Vladninja | ibis.a for several months and never had a problem... but honestly I think until Zero says otherwise having the ibis.a is more important than what brackets you use...

That and please make sure you have your admin tag on when you use your admin powers.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    He's saying he would much rather see the admins use something else other than <ibis.a> to distinguish that they are not in the clan and are just an admin. Like I said, the brackets are the clans tag. An admin tag should be noticeably different from a clan tag.
    <ibis> clan member

<ibis.a> admin

I don't know how you can claim this is not noticeably diff lol

I don't get how this could be confusing or not sufficient...1 is clearly IBIS and 1 is an Ibis Admin.

Ibis.a might not be in Ibis, but we do admin the Ibis servers... saying we should make some new tag that's diff is kind of rude.

Maynard - The WCS Guy