Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wcs -> wcs:source

1. Arrow wcs -> wcs:source

Today I have begun the motions to investigate moving to wcs on sourcemod. This will require everything to be reprogrammed (by me) from scratch in sm. The benefit is that there will be virtually NO LAG and virtually NO CRASHES! I will only do this if I can make everything work the way it does now (for the stuff that does actually work) and if I can transfer your xp.

Today I spoke with the developer who was interested in trying to create a conversion script for the database to move the xp. Hopefully in the next 3 months we can have the wcs server converted over and running better than anyone can imagine!

Hopefully this works!
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

sounds good... really hope that the XP can be moved over

Zero hard at work for WCS... Hooray!
    Last edited by maynard; 01-06-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

That is some great news!!!

5. Default

Thanks for your efforts!
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post

Thanks for your efforts!
    you play wcs now?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

i've seen him once or twice. and yeah, only do the change if you can move the xp and levels over. while the possibility to start at an even field and see how far i can go is tempting...i gotta pass.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i've seen him once or twice. and yeah, only do the change if you can move the xp and levels over. while the possibility to start at an even field and see how far i can go is tempting...i gotta pass.
    Lol it wouldn't be an even field.. it would be fucking every 1 over whose been playing there since the get go. I see what you're saying though. I honestly don't even notice the server lag.. ppl complain a lot... but I never do, it's goes in and out like any WCS server.. and it's never really that bad, and if it is that bad, it's only for a small amount of time.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

yeah, zero unless you can give us a list of several huge improvements that changing to wcs:sm would give us (lie becoming king of londinium and wearing shiny hats (+1 to anyone who got that (nested parentheses ftw))) i'd say don't risk it. it's fine the way it is right now

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    yeah, zero unless you can give us a list of several huge improvements that changing to wcs:sm would give us (lie becoming king of londinium and wearing shiny hats (+1 to anyone who got that (nested parentheses ftw))) i'd say don't risk it. it's fine the way it is right now
    You apparently don't play on the wcs server much do you? 1. Every morning the server is glitched out and people can only kill with magic. 2. The server is hosted with like 10293102i93 other servers and gets really really really laggy to everyone around rush hour (ie: kids getting home and hackers being retarded) 3. There are still glitch's with video cards (ie: my problem).

Id say go for it, if it helps even in the least bit, Im all for it. If you need help with any small scripting, hit me up. GL