Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumpkin

1. Default

People should grow a thicker skin. If you get butt hurt by someone calling you or someone else a moron then what are you doing on the interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    nice double post james lol.

but on point, bears your missing the entire point of this.

I am a clan member and I have MOD on the forums.

I asked her to do one simple thing.

it doesn't matter about censorship or personal feelings.

she couldn't even do it.

instead of just taking it down, she decided to start spamming thread massively and creating new threads with nothing but random letters in it.

if you want I can undelete all the spam thread to prove my point.

as ZERO stated clan members have MOD now to help keep the forums under control cause before this, MBP was the only one with MOD and look at how things were going. now that we have more clan members with MOD, the forums are staying civil to a point.
    It's not offensive is my point. It's a big deal because if you can censor the word morons on the forum because you feel it is offensive then where does it end? PRETTY SOON PEOPLE WILL BE MARRYING DOGS.

I saw the extra forum posts, so I see your point. I think I've said that I see and understand your side of things like 4 times in the last 12 hours.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    People should grow a thicker skin. If you get butt hurt by someone calling you or someone else a moron then what are you doing on the interwebs?

It's not offensive is my point. It's a big deal because if you can censor the word morons on the forum because you feel it is offensive then where does it end? PRETTY SOON PEOPLE WILL BE MARRYING DOGS.
    maybe so but that I can't control.

what I can try to control is the disrespect that comes from autumn.

end of story.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

I actually didn't mind too much how things were going when MBP was the only mod. Sure there were threads that could have been closed earlier than they were but those were generally relegated to the Rules forums (admin abuse, ban requests, etc, etc.)

I knew what you were doing. My point is that with someone you don't like you tread a very fine line. What you see as enforcing the rules and maintaining civility on the forums could be misconstrued (by me, most likely) that you're censoring someone that you don't like simply because you don't like them.

The word morons is a lame reason to pick a fight with. I hope you understand that.

EDIT --

I'd also like to stress that I care deeply about the IBIS community and don't want to see it turn into what I've seen other communities turn into. Censorship is a dangerous and slippery slope. I'm not sorry about crying wolf, as if nobody does then when they come for your children with knives, who will speak out then!?

But srs. I love you all. Even you, inthebutt. And even you, maynard. And ESPECIALLY you, Walter. *wink wink*
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 01-07-2010 at 03:11 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I actually didn't mind too much how things were going when MBP was the only mod. Sure there were threads that could have been closed earlier than they were but those were generally relegated to the Rules forums (admin abuse, ban requests, etc, etc.)

I knew what you were doing. My point is that with someone you don't like you tread a very fine line. What you see as enforcing the rules and maintaining civility on the forums could be misconstrued (by me, most likely) that you're censoring someone that you don't like simply because you don't like them.

The word morons is a lame reason to pick a fight with. I hope you understand that.
    perfect example of this

you ever see on cops when an officer just ask someone to show some ID and instead of showing them some form of ID, they get angry and throw a fit??

that's exactly what this is like.

yes the word moron is nothing, but you have to understand that when a MOD tells you to fix something, you either fix it or face consequences.

just like in the servers as an admin. you tell someone to stop cade breaking and of course there gonna stop cause your an admin and you told them to, but if they don't what do you do?? you punish them of course. your not gonna let that person keep breaking a cade's.

samething I was trying to do, cut down on the excessive spam.

5. Default

perfect example of this

you ever see on cops when an officer just ask someone to show some ID and instead of showing them some form of ID, they get angry and throw a fit??

that's exactly what this is like.

yes the word moron is nothing, but you have to understand that when a MOD tells you to fix something, you either fix it or face consequences.

just like in the servers as an admin. you tell someone to stop cade breaking and of course there gonna stop cause your an admin and you told them to, but if they don't what do you do?? you punish them of course. your not gonna let that person keep breaking a cade's.

samething I was trying to do, cut down on the excessive spam.
    Read my edit please

6. Default

This is like a bad movie.

Honestly the main gripe I have is with the way she went about last night. That was not called for.

However there seems to be a double-standard considering Loka just called another member (liked or not) a dumb cunt and no action was taken, but ITB felt it was necessary to ask to have "moron" removed from Autumn's signature because he felt it was disrespecting another member.

I feel that if people are going to crack down on the disrespect it should be done for everyone. And honestly I think the whole "omg Autumn forum drama queen" is overblown considering the fact it takes two to tango and a couple members I have argued with in the past on this very issue.

Also ZERO did not support every action the new moderators have taken because he has restored some of Autumn's posts that were removed without just cause.

Once again, there is no innocent party here.

7. Default

I probably have not much say in this.

But when I first saw the letter in bumpkins sig, I though 2 things, one that mod is being ridicules, and two bumpkins is being stupid to not comply and ask zero.

really out of everything I have seen on this forum someone is asked to take out morons? I find there to be a huge bias there.

What ITB did was stupid, but the way Bumpkins reacted wasn't smart either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    He deleted all my posts where I stated where I was in the wrong because he didn't want people seeing me admit that.

What I discussed with Bears was this exactly, I was wrong with how I did things. I was angry that he would go so low and be so immature because he had a flaming tampon up his ass. his vendetta against me is clouding his judgment when it comes to "punishing" me. He had no right to go through and delete posts that had NOTHING to do with spam. I DID NOT spam until he started deleting. So in other words, he provoked in it in hopes he would get me banned.

I agree with Christmas, if you want a civilised community, then do not play the favorites game or play the double-standards game. You're picking and choosing, so until then, I will continue with what I'm doing. Just minding my own business, and posting to talk to people or to express an opinion. Because that's all I've ever done! (Aside from a few random spurts of spam, but I know a now clan member who has done that very thing too.)

I'm expecting this post to be deleted as well, so I'll save it to notepad, but the point I was making is that he abused his power because he just wanted to do something to me. I mean come on now, we spent 30-45 minutes of him deleting my posts, and me re-posting them. Obsessed much?

And BTW Loka, dear.

I didn't join the forums until March of 09.
    you are wrong and you should have done what I asked you to do.

the forums have been way to relaxed when it comes to moderation.

well incase you haven't figured it out yet.

the forums will now have a more proactive group MOD'ing the forums.

instead of just one person being a MOD, there are now 13 MOD's.

times are changing on the forums and it would be wise to change with it.

you are wrong and you should have done what I asked you to do.

the forums have been way to relaxed when it comes to moderation.

well incase you haven't figured it out yet.

the forums will now have a more proactive group MOD'ing the forums.

instead of just one person being a MOD, there are now 13 MOD's.

times are changing on the forums and it would be wise to change with it.
    Nice job deleting my post the first time.

You didn't ask anything.

You demanded.

Learn the difference.

and idc how many mods there are.

everything is going to be the same.

biased, double-standards.

Not to mention abusing your powers on me because you hate me.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    He deleted all my posts where I stated where I was in the wrong because he didn't want people seeing me admit that.

What I discussed with Bears was this exactly, I was wrong with how I did things. I was angry that he would go so low and be so immature because he had a flaming tampon up his ass. his vendetta against me is clouding his judgment when it comes to "punishing" me. He had no right to go through and delete posts that had NOTHING to do with spam. I DID NOT spam until he started deleting. So in other words, he provoked in it in hopes he would get me banned.

I agree with Christmas, if you want a civilised community, then do not play the favorites game or play the double-standards game. You're picking and choosing, so until then, I will continue with what I'm doing. Just minding my own business, and posting to talk to people or to express an opinion. Because that's all I've ever done! (Aside from a few random spurts of spam, but I know a now clan member who has done that very thing too.)

I'm expecting this post to be deleted as well, so I'll save it to notepad, but the point I was making is that he abused his power because he just wanted to do something to me. I mean come on now, we spent 30-45 minutes of him deleting my posts, and me re-posting them. Obsessed much?

And BTW Loka, dear.

I didn't join the forums until March of 09.
    I'm deleting this shit FOR THE SECOND TIME and you better not fucking post it again or my wrath shall be brought

Do not disrespect clan members
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers