Thread: Bumpkin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow Bumpkin

You will listen to the requests of the moderators. When you were told to remove the sig you should have done so and then pmed me. Then if I thought the sig was ok I would let everyone know. Instead you made it worse by making a joke out of the moderators and are lucky they did not have the power to close your account.

First let me make it clear that your sig is fine, however ITB has authority to mod it if he thinks it should not be allowed and as a mod you need to listen to him. Also what he did was try to enforce his order the only way he could by deleting posts.

Your non spam posts will be restored but note that you need to cut down on the pointless spam and obey mod requests.

Let this be known that if a mod tells you to fix something like a sig ect that you should do so and then contact me if you disagree.

Edit: I just saw all the forum spam you created, if you ever do something like this again you will be banned from the forums.

2. Default

what about all of the spam she filled the forums up with as toasties? i think she should be banned already, and not just for spamming.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    what about all of the spam she filled the forums up with as toasties? i think she should be banned already, and not just for spamming.
    I said to myself that I wouldn't get in the middle of it.. But when someone starts to interfere, and take up other people's time, that's when it gets out of control.

Bumpkin, you don't need to argue with anyone, it's completely pointless to start with. Someone will always lose, and someone will always win. And if you're concerned about your reputation, you certainly aren't doing what is right to improve it. If you believed that ITB was being unfair to you, again, you should have contacted someone with even higher authority.

A person who does no wrong has nothing to hide, and nothing to fear.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Ugh I just thought last night was a weird dream.

Let me start off by saying that I like having more forum moderators. Extra forum moderators are eyes and ears (and hammers, apparently) for you, ZERO when you cannot be around.

The only idea I like more is the fact that absolutely nothing (or very little) is censored on these forums. People can be trolls if they want to, they can also act responsible and be very official, or anything in between. The forums are very much self-regulated with the only reasons for moderation being very scarce (LOLI, for example in the NSFW thread). Do we moderate those, though? Nope -- the community steps in and says "not cool" and the guys like "yeah I guess you're right" and everything goes back to normal.

What bothers me is the possibility of personal feelings entering into the mix. A lot of moderators don't like Autumn, and vice-versa. This could put her in a world of censorship where the rest of us get by (note my thread that I started because another thread that I wanted to say something in was closed).

My real question is that has inthebutt learned anything in return? Sure Autumn has to change the way she responds to moderation, but the moderator should learn that his personal feelings of the word "moron" don't enter into the equation. It's the greater IBIS's communities call as well as ZERO's final call that matters. The community doesn't care, Zero doesn't care, what does that say?
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    Ugh I just thought last night was a weird dream.

Let me start off by saying that I like having more forum moderators. Extra forum moderators are eyes and ears (and hammers, apparently) for you, ZERO when you cannot be around.

The only idea I like more is the fact that absolutely nothing (or very little) is censored on these forums. People can be trolls if they want to, they can also act responsible and be very official, or anything in between. The forums are very much self-regulated with the only reasons for moderation being very scarce (LOLI, for example in the NSFW thread). Do we moderate those, though? Nope -- the community steps in and says "not cool" and the guys like "yeah I guess you're right" and everything goes back to normal.

What bothers me is the possibility of personal feelings entering into the mix. A lot of moderators don't like Autumn, and vice-versa. This could put her in a world of censorship where the rest of us get by (note my thread that I started because another thread that I wanted to say something in was closed).

My real question is that has inthebutt learned anything in return? Sure Autumn has to change the way she responds to moderation, but the moderator should learn that his personal feelings of the word "moron" don't enter into the equation. It's the greater IBIS's communities call as well as ZERO's final call that matters. The community doesn't care, Zero doesn't care, what does that say?
    I've noticed that too.. The community itself works things out on it's own. It is actually quite beautiful sometimes.

Anyhow.. I know exactly what you mean by people going by personal feelings. Admins in ZM were making rules up, just because they felt something was unfair. Just because people feel a certain way, that doesn't mean their feelings have relevance to what is true and/or just.

(An example would be Walter was preparing to kick/freeze two people in a room with a heavy vending machine on one of the office maps, and I told him to wait. Two seconds later I had knocked it down and killed them.)

But the fact that ITB has been given authority, must mean something. Though he isn't the only one who has a vendetta with Bumpkin, he was certainly the first to take the most drastic actions against her. Unless that was Rapedollars, then my previous statement is irrelevant.

Unfortunately, I have to agree, Bumpkin was spamming, though that doesn't mean I despise her or something. I don't like spam as much as the next guy, but it is tolerable to a point and Bumpkin went past that point. As I stated in my newest signature, tolerance is not always a good thing, it can encourage the wrong behaviors.

I believe that is what ITB was mostly trying to fix. Zero has even stated that large amounts of pointless spam will not be tolerated in the very first post of this thread.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Bears, let me ask you a question.

Have you gone through posts starting from 2008? They are still around, but locked. Reading them you can see that this dumb cunt has ignited a ton of bullshit by raising attention to issues that can be solved with a simple PM. She has dug her own grave and to "argue" the point is fucking moot. It's not only in the forums, it's also on the servers.

Your NSFW argument is pointless considering the NSFW tag is up for those who don't want to look at it. It's their community and they can police it any way they want to. If a clan member doesn't like the way someone is acting, they can punish them. There is no such fucking thing as freedom to do whatever the hell you want to do on forums.

ZERO already stated that she is gone the minute she pulls the bullshit that she did earlier in the morning, and supports everything that the MODS are doing to clean up spam, unwanted posts, or moving topics to relevant areas.

*loka please refrain from calling autumn a dumb cunt. it would make christmas so much happier, thank you.
    Last edited by inthebutt; 01-07-2010 at 08:04 PM.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

7. Default

Zeros decision is after the fact. I'm talking about the cause of last night/this morning.

The whole reason why autumn was getting posts deleted was because inthebutt didn't like that morons was in her signature, Loka. That's the reason why she began spamming the forums with posts that inthebutt would then simply delete, and so on and so forth. I never said that she wasn't in the wrong. Likewise I never said that people can do whatever they want on the forum.

What I am saying is that inthebutt overreacted and used his new powers to delete every post she made until she took morons out of her signature. That's stupid, and that's my point.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

8. Default

nice double post james lol.

but on point, bears your missing the entire point of this.

I am a clan member and I have MOD on the forums.

I asked her to do one simple thing.

it doesn't matter about censorship or personal feelings.

she couldn't even do it.

instead of just taking it down, she decided to start spamming thread massively and creating new threads with nothing but random letters in it.

if you want I can undelete all the spam thread to prove my point.

as ZERO stated clan members have MOD now to help keep the forums under control cause before this, MBP was the only one with MOD and look at how things were going. now that we have more clan members with MOD, the forums are staying civil to a point.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-