Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New - well to the forums.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    You srs? The gearscore mod is the absolute worst piece of shit thing that was ever introduced into wow. Before I quit (like 2 weeks ago) I was in a US top 50 guild, noob! Not done PvE? PFT! I was raiding 5 days a week for 4 hours a night! Before that I was the GM of a top100 US guild for almost a year!

Here's mah armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&n=Fribear

Here's mah guilds GuildOx page (the only real ranking site other than wowprogress.com): http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?n=Co...=Shadowmoon-US

But yeah. Gearscore blows. It doesn't say anything on the players ability. It's like saying "that guy has a M4A1, he's going to school that guy who only has a glock." then watching the guy with the m4a1 run around and circles as the guy with the glock jumps on his head and skull fucks him.

I hate gearscore.
    actually proper gear score based on the site I provided says everthing baout your gear. cause it's rated by what tier and the difficulty behind it. ive ran 3 guilds in my 5 years of playing, and was raiding inbetween 2-5 nights a week for 5 years... don't call me a noob Lol. my mage was also within the top 20 mages in the world when I quit. I Actually did raiding back in the day when raiding took 8-10+ hours to do... before they made the game all easy. once every 1 was scrambling to figure out ulduar and get it on farm, I heard about the new expansion coming out... even though it hadn't even been a year since the last 1 and right there I just said fuck it. blizzard is just becoming money hungry.

I liked the game when it took way more time and dedication 2 achieve shit.. now it's uber easy and they just constantly making new instances with better gear 2 keep you playing. the time you get 2 actually enjoy your top of the line gear is far 2 short.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    actually proper gear score based on the site I provided says everthing baout your gear. cause it's rated by what tier and the difficulty behind it. ive ran 3 guilds in my 5 years of playing, and was raiding inbetween 2-5 nights a week for 5 years... don't call me a noob Lol. my mage was also within the top 20 mages in the world when I quit. I Actually did raiding back in the day when raiding took 8-10+ hours to do... before they made the game all easy.
    My point is that you use gear score to determine skill. That automatically puts you in a lower position on the proverbial WoW ladder. As for me I started playing a lock back in BWL (and after MC was released) then switched to druid in BC when they were tanking gods. After they were nerfed I still tanked and was a MT with my guild from Karazhan through t5 content and hyjal/BT (except on illidan, GD shear) and through sunwell until Wrath. I server transferred and started a guild on Malorne-US which got a world 32nd 3 drake kill (woo) then after Ulduar was out for a while decided to join up with some friends on Shadowmoon.

I still have the world 8th DPS record for feral kittys on Algalon according to world of logs.

I pretty much have a huge epeen when it comes to WoW.

Normal modes in ICC are actually looking pretty interesting. The hardmodes will hopefully be cock blocks (like pre-nerf Yogg 0 and pre-nerf Anub HM was).
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

3. Default

My point is that you use gear score to determine skill. That automatically puts you in a lower position on the proverbial WoW ladder. As for me I started playing a lock back in BWL (and after MC was released) then switched to druid in BC when they were tanking gods. After they were nerfed I still tanked and was a MT with my guild until Wrath. I server transferred and started a guild on Malorne-US which got a world 32nd 3 drake kill (woo) then after Ulduar was out for a while decided to join up with some friends on Shadowmoon.

I still have the world 8th DPS record for feral kittys on Algalon according to world of logs.

I pretty much have a huge epeen when it comes to WoW.
    proper gear score from the site I said strait up says how far you've been in the game, and how good your gear is nothing more. my gear is all valued at 225 or something which was the max back then I believe or damn close. if someone had a 2k gear score back when I played it showed that they clearly were on the top of there game raiding and have whatever main instance is on the go on farm status.

I never said anything about skill, you did. all I Said is it shows how good your gear is, and lets you compare with other people on how good there's is

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

I never said anything about skill, you did. all I Said is it shows how good your gear is, and lets you compare with other people on how good there's is
    UHHHH

Lol.. how do you not know what gear score is? are you kidding? you must have never done pve, or gone that far with it anyway. gear score defines how good your guild is, how well they rank based on all the guilds out there, and on a personal lvl it says how good your gear is, and how well your character class ranks against all other as well.
    226 was good in Ulduar, however 239 was the max ilvl in Ulduar with Hard modes.

It's alright that you're a care bear.. we can't all be awesome.

5. Default

UHHHH

226 was good in Ulduar, however 239 was the max ilvl in Ulduar with Hard modes.

It's alright that you're a care bear.. we can't all be awesome.
    I still fucking love MC lol.. that place just brings back good feelings.. not sure why... had so many nights in there pulling my hair out and getting wiped that I wanted 2 vomit with rage... but I still love MC... the game was so much better before they started doing an exspansion every year. when we had those 3 years of uber hard game play with no expansions... I miss those days.

once I learned some tricks and found out though that I'm incredibly good at farming gold... I kinda got sucked into that..... I still love wow.. I Just thinks they've changed it a bit 2 much from it's original plan. and they're clearly just money hungry these days

with the new expansion, is the lvl cap now 90?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

you should hit up 25 man more, the gear you're pulling right now isn't that much better then what I had 9 months ago.
    You are kidding me right? You have a mix of naxx 10/25 man gear, I have a mix of totc25man and ICC gear, and for both PROT and HOLY. I should do more 25mans? lol I am 3! tiers above you!

And I don't wanna start this whole, I've done more then you in the game longer thing. So I'll say this once - was in beta - was there for our server first(at the time mannoroth) Onyxia and Ragnoras kill. I was doing MC a little over a month after the game came out. Cleared BWL-AQ40-Naxx(40) when they were all relevant, played this toon since day one.

As for omgbears, I think we see eye to eye on most of this discussion.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

7. Default

I still fucking love MC lol.. that place just brings back good feelings.. not sure why... had so many nights in there pulling my hair out and getting wiped that I wanted 2 vomit with rage... but I still love MC... the game was so much better before they started doing an exspansion every year. when we had those 3 years of uber hard game play with no expansions... I miss those days.

once I learned some tricks and found out though that I'm incredibly good at farming gold... I kinda got sucked into that..... I still love wow.. I Just thinks they've changed it a bit 2 much from it's original plan. and they're clearly just money hungry these days

with the new expansion, is the lvl cap now 90?
    Cataclism will have 85 as the new cap with path of the titans and such, etc, etc. Ancient glyphs. They're changing how healing works, and increasing health pools to make things less-bursty and RNG-ish.

Honestly I may return for the expansion -- it's looking pretty awesome.

I was never good at farming gold. I pretty much made just enough gold to raid, and that was it

MC was the shit, I admit. But it was poorly designed and the fights were awfully simple. The new encounters now are a lot more complex. I think that if they simply let you bring 15 more people into the instance the game would return to the more epic feel of vanilla.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IamHeavenxsent View Post
    You are kidding me right? You have a mix of naxx 10/25 man gear, I have a mix of totc25man and ICC gear, and for both PROT and HOLY. I should do more 25mans? lol I am 3! tiers above you!

And I don't wanna start this whole, I've done more then you in the game longer thing. So I'll say this once - was in beta - was there for our server first(at the time mannoroth) Onyxia and Ragnoras kill. I was doing MC a little over a month after the game came out. Cleared BWL-AQ40-Naxx(40) when they were all relevant, played this toon since day one.

As for omgbears, I think we see eye to eye on most of this discussion.
    your gear set is like 249, actually not even, you got a lot of 213 and 230 shit on which is quite close 2 mine. and my gear is 10 and 25 ulduar, as I said I stopped playing a long time ago, not exactly sure why you're trying 2 personally attack me, but good luck with that.

I was never good at farming gold. I pretty much made just enough gold to raid, and that was it
    I play the AH. I watch the prices of everything buy when they low, resell when high, also did alch and controlled the pots on the AH. there's huge money if you spend all day sittin in the AH just watching it go up and down Lol.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-08-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

your gear set is like 249, actually not even, you got a lot of 213 and 230 shit on which is quite close 2 mine. and my gear is 10 and 25 ulduar, as I said I stopped playing a long time ago, not exactly sure why you're trying 2 personally attack me, but good luck with that.
    Listen, I am not trying to personally attack you. I just think it's crazy how you think your gear is almost equal to mine. According to wow armory your weapon is the only thing from Ulduar, everything else is from Naxx. While my cloak is from Ulduar and my weapon is hard mode hodir(10man) everything else is from 25man totc and ICC. So Naxx->Ulduar->totc->ICC. The new 5man dungeons do drop item lvl 232 stuff on heroic(which is a great place for you to restart back up gearing), and that stuff is just under my current stuff. Also, just because an item has a higher score lvl doesn't mean it's better for me. The belt and the main hand I am using are still the best for me except ICC stuff and heroic 25man totc. Also we have only been in 25man ICC for 3weekens(this being our 4th) and we are incredibly unlucky with tank drops.

So like I said, I'm not personally attacking you, but when you said I needed to do more 25mans and that you were close to me, it lead me to believe you didn't understand where the gear came from or what ilvl was.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IamHeavenxsent View Post
    Listen, I am not trying to personally attack you. I just think it's crazy how you think your gear is almost equal to mine. According to wow armory your weapon is the only thing from Ulduar, everything else is from Naxx. While my cloak is from Ulduar and my weapon is hard mode hodir(10man) everything else is from 25man totc and ICC. So Naxx->Ulduar->totc->ICC. The new 5man dungeons do drop item lvl 232 stuff on heroic(which is a great place for you to restart back up gearing), and that stuff is just under my current stuff. Also, just because an item has a higher score lvl doesn't mean it's better for me. The belt and the main hand I am using are still the best for me except ICC stuff and heroic 25man totc. Also we have only been in 25man ICC for 3weekens(this being our 4th) and we are incredibly unlucky with tank drops.

So like I said, I'm not personally attacking you, but when you said I needed to do more 25mans and that you were close to me, it lead me to believe you didn't understand where the gear came from or what ilvl was.
    since when don't 25 mans produce better gear? I also told you I havn't played in a long time, wasn't even aware of the new instances, you could of simply just explained 2 me about there being new instances, instead of getting your panties in a bunch and being rude. hope you feel good about yourself, you made a grown man cry...

Maynard - The WCS Guy