Thread: Banned for no reason?

1. Default Banned for no reason?

Hey guys,

I believe I already have a few people working on it but I wanted to post something here also.

This evening I was banned while in spec and out of the room. I come back to my computer to see that I have been banned and was like wtf?... Checked the command log and noticed that Rezel had joined when the map changed. From what I saw he was the only other admin in the game before this ban occurred so I can only assume that Rezel banned me.

I have not done anything to deserve a ban and am very confused here...

I got admin privileges so that I could help keep the server clean from hackers and TKers and I have done my part so far. I am a regular player and many of the players in the pub server know me.

This is not simply a ban from the pub server but from all ibis servers which concerns me.

Please advise.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

7:37 PM - Shawn: hey man
    7:37 PM - Shawn: I wish u damn back on here too much tk so far.. no admin

2. Default

i do not believe you had admin...
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

I HAD admin...

recently cancelled monthly payments; do people get banned for canceling payments?

7:38 PM - Lt.Rambo <ibis.a>: Due to the nature that you were banned from all IBIS servers, without ZERO's permission, i cannot proceed in unbanning you without consequence.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

7:37 PM - Shawn: hey man
    7:37 PM - Shawn: I wish u damn back on here too much tk so far.. no admin
    7:38 PM - Shawn: how to fix it? have to calling top admin?
    7:38 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: trying
    7:39 PM - Shawn: alright wish nothing happen to u

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

btw, it was rezel:
    MOD US 08-28-11 17:35
    ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ
    Rezel Permanent

4. Default

it says you were removed for abuse of admin rights...

5. Default

7:52 PM - maynard <ibis>: first things first. why are you using admin without a admin tag on
    7:53 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: because i was incognito trying to catch hackers
    7:53 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: we have had a lot of them in the pub server lately
    7:53 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: the regulars dont mind and i tell them why
    7:53 PM - maynard <ibis>: no you werent
    7:53 PM - maynard <ibis>: lying 2 me
    7:53 PM - maynard <ibis>: is going 2 get you no where
    7:53 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: ?
    7:53 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: what?
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: ive viewed many demo's of you, you play without tag on
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: you weren't sitting in spec watching people
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: you were playing the game
    7:54 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: like i said, i was playing incognito to catch hackers
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: second, why in the fuck have you band like 8 people for hacks
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: and not reported them on the forums
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: there is no playing incognito
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: you sit in spec
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: if you not wearing a tag
    7:54 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: wow
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: or don't use commands it's that simple.
    7:54 PM - maynard <ibis>: third
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: why the fuck are you banning people
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: for a month
    7:55 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: youre being real understanding about this.... i was simply trying to help clean up the server
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: who tk
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: without even warning them
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: or having any previous ban history
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: no, you're being a shit admin
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: and I'm having 2 waste my time
    7:55 PM - maynard <ibis>: that' what this is
    7:55 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: well how bout this, i cancel my admin and you un ban me
    7:55 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: problem solved
    7:55 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: i cant be a shit admin anymore
    7:56 PM - maynard <ibis>: when zero removes your admin, you will be unband.
    7:56 PM - maynard <ibis>: I will tell him that's what you want.
    7:57 PM - ḋƒlεετ-ƒɾøṡτ: all i wanted to do was help keep the server clean from hackers because i enjoy playing in the ibis server... its been rough to keep it full like it used to because there are more hackers now, no awps, and the new voting system pisses people off.
    7:57 PM - maynard <ibis>: by not following standard admin protocol?
    7:57 PM - maynard <ibis>: you band with no warnings
    7:57 PM - maynard <ibis>: the ban length was beyond fucking stupid
    7:57 PM - maynard <ibis>: and you didn't report any of the hackers
    7:57 PM - maynard <ibis>: so quit talking out your ass.

6. Default

Abuse of admin right is correct.

• Using admin commands without tag.
    • Banning people for 1 month just because they are tking.
    • Banning hackers without posting a thread.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

7. Default

he has a shitload of bans for aimbot and has not reported any of them and has month band first time tk offenders without even a warning... while not even wearing admin tag....

closed. and will remain on ban till zero is involved as you are a risk 2 allow on the servers with admin
    Last edited by maynard; 08-28-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

OK, I think now after getting a short ban you now know what the rules are and what you are doing wrong. I will be lifting the ban now so you can play again. Just remember that if you abuse again your powers will be limited and depending on what you do it may result in total removal of powers and or a ban.

It is ok to hide from hackers but you need to have the tag on when you ban them and you also need to report the ban to be upgraded to permanent status within a reasonable time.

9. Default

I will be keeping my eye on you. Just because you pay us for admin doesn't mean you can make your own rules. We have rules on banning people and procedures. Next time I will ban you myself. And it will be a LONG ban...
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png