Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane!!!

1. Default Hurricane!!!

Ok, so since people decided to flip shit about the earthquake, I thought I'd start people out on a new topic...the "hurricane" thats going to "bombard" the east coast. I'm in Vermont and people are freaking out about how a cat 3 hurricane is going to hit us head on. For some reason, they don't seem to get that we are 150+ miles (at least where I live) from the ocean. AND, the storm is only supposed to have like 60 mph winds, which is, I will admit, pretty decent winds, but nothing compared to a cat 3, lol.

So, before New England starts thinking we're all gonna die...well....we're not

2. Default

Earthquake was so intense that i slept thru it lol it was a pathetic excuse for an earthquake and people flipped. This hurricane is going to rape Ny most likley, long island might get butt fucked but otherwise it wont be so bad. Nice knowing that we wont get hit as hard as most predicted.

3. Default

The last time we got a hurricane down here around Houston area was back in 08. The damage that Ike did to my town was no where near what Galveston took, but the worse part of it was the city wide blackout. It took the utility company weeks to restore power and they had to bring in thousands of people and trucks from other states for emergency help. Man, that year was just full of nightmares; hurricane, recession, and then my mother was diagnosed for cancer.

4. Default

most of a hurricane's damage comes from flooding from storm surgers and from the rain fall, Hurricane IKE hit the texas coast as a CAT 2 (~110 mph winds) and parts of Houston looked like the forrest of Narnia + Flooding and there were places here that were without power for months and houston is about 70 to 80 miles away. the amount of damage is going to be more on how fast this storm is going to move over the new england states. doesn't have to be a hurricane to cause major flooding, case in point TS Allison...during that storm it took me 5 hrs to move 1 mile on I-10, it was a slow moving storm. so what i'm trying to say here is, just cause the winds aren't that strong if there is heavy rain there is still possibilities of heavy damage. So keep an eye on the weather and stay safe you east coasters.

pro tip. if you have to go outside during the storm use a Golf Umbrella with the double layer vent shit. will not invert. My Nike Golf umbrella was tested during Ike when i was outside during the storm to fix a busted water pipe going into my house. but if you don't need to go outside, for your safety and to help the local response teams to be more effective stay off the fucken roads during the storm <3

5. Default

vermont is just gonna get a crapload of rain and some pretty good wind. may have some weak trees and branches down, may have SOME flooding just because of rain but that's it. it's gonna be a big ass thunderstorm and that's it lol.

p.s. i was in new orleans for katrina so yes i know what i'm talking about

6. Default

This Hurricane (Hurricane Irene) is going to hit Manhattan in New York. I live in the Bronx of New York, so I'm good.

7. Default

i got friends from RofL in NY, and they're somewhat worried. in philly though, most people don't really give as shit. rain is rain. that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

I live in its outer path... -_-
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

9. Default

Here in upstate ny we have real bad flood problems so people are worried about that, and other then that it's just going to be a big storm for us.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

10. Default

Im in Brooklyn.....And people are flipping out ebcause the news is causing panic.....Jesus Christ....its only going to rain with some wind.....
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png