Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Zombies

1. Default

cough.... walter cough... cough....

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    Senior admin should only dictate map votes... otherwise just because you logged in first doesn't give you the ability to make up rules. Also while we are on that subject senior admin is the first admin to log onto the server... NOT WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING AT IBIS THE LONGEST... I don't know who started that bullshit but it ends now. Zero and Jigsaw are the only two people who ever over rule that... even Clan doesn't auto give us senior admin (even though its good to respect whatever a Clan member asks).

Listen Omgbears before you start up with me I understand keeping the peace and making the game fun for everyone... You wouldn't know it (because I don't play anymore and haven't for about 8 months...) but I used to role with Zm players of legend. My first Zm server was IBIS and I racked up 160+ hours in IBIS ZM... Ive playd with the best, players like Pooter, Stamp, and Cujo... people who could go toe to toe with James (not saying the would win just likely equals)....

Point being I stopped playing cause way to many kids where buying admin and enforcing there own rules. Worst yet Older admins were doing the same thing. I would like to return and play some ZM but a lot of admins need to review the TOS and realize kicking a player is normally a fair alternative to banning unless you know someones being malicious.
    This...........

3. Default

Senior admin should only dictate map votes... otherwise just because you logged in first doesn't give you the ability to make up rules. Also while we are on that subject senior admin is the first admin to log onto the server... NOT WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING AT IBIS THE LONGEST... I don't know who started that bullshit but it ends now. Zero and Jigsaw are the only two people who ever over rule that... even Clan doesn't auto give us senior admin (even though its good to respect whatever a Clan member asks).

Listen Omgbears before you start up with me I understand keeping the peace and making the game fun for everyone... You wouldn't know it (because I don't play anymore and haven't for about 8 months...) but I used to role with Zm players of legend. My first Zm server was IBIS and I racked up 160+ hours in IBIS ZM... Ive playd with the best, players like Pooter, Stamp, and Cujo... people who could go toe to toe with James (not saying the would win just likely equals)....

Point being I stopped playing cause way to many kids where buying admin and enforcing there own rules. Worst yet Older admins were doing the same thing. I would like to return and play some ZM but a lot of admins need to review the TOS and realize kicking a player is normally a fair alternative to banning unless you know someones being malicious.
    James is probably better than stamp, but nowhere near pooter, eth, or cujo.

Also, true story.

4. Default

Cadebreaking isn't outlined in the rules.

Just saying not all rules are set in stone in the actual rulebook. And I have never seen anyone kicked or banned for using the fast.

And people like Hobo, James, and Mastagunz enforced the "no fast" rule on some escape maps because the fast ruined the game for everyone else.

Oasis: Eth was a rank whore who was never fun to play with and was a complete douchebag. He was not a benefit to the servers and I am glad he left.

5. Default

As odd as it sounds I do agree with you. Older admins shouldn't make up rules, let alone new admins.

All I'm saying is that admins do have a unique opportunity to add to game play in addition to ensuring that it's fair and within the ToS. It's a thin line, sure, but so long as the admin is careful it can work out. Beaconing in ZM is a half-decent example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Just saying not all rules are set in stone in the actual rulebook. And I have never seen anyone kicked or banned for using the fast.

And people like Hobo, James, and Mastagunz enforced the "no fast" rule on some escape maps because the fast ruined the game for everyone else.
    As for me allowing better-known admins do what they want in terms of map choice is that they know the game better than I do. They know what players like in terms of map choice as well as any server-specific rules. Camping, for instance in gun game is bad, but not bad in ZMod, or if you're defending on cs_office as a terrorist on the PuB. Cade-breaking doesn't even exist on servers outside the zmod server, and is still enforced by Zmod admins.

I'm sure WCS has a whole mess of rules that I don't even know. If maynard would log in and I was the only admin on, I wouldn't mind telling him "Hey maynard, you're senior admin, I have no clue what I'm doing."

Senior admins are the first admins that log in, sure, but there are finer points than that. Matrixninja, as much as I love him, when he first started with his admin he didn't know a lot in terms of server-specific rules (not cading in vents, etc). When I logged in and he was the only admin on he would let me assume the role of Senior admin, because I knew the rules better than he did.

After three months I think I've earned my wings, so if any other another (*non-zero*) admin logs onto the zmod I can pretty much say that I'm comfortable enough with the ToS that I can enforce rules and do map changes effectively. In contrast, on WCS I haven't the faintest idea of what to do.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 01-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

6. Default

I'm pretty sure clan members have seniority no matter when they enter the server.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I'm pretty sure clan members have seniority no matter when they enter the server.
    Yeah. I think the only people who log in who can automatically assume the role of senior admin are Zero, and Jigsaw. Maybe there are a choice few others, but they aren't active anymore.

8. Default

I know this sort of off-topic with house rules/rules/admin discussion but why even have fast zombies?

People always complain about them on escape maps and unless I don't really understand there usefulness, they arn't that useful on cad maps(if I am wrong feel free to explain why they are)
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

9. Default

Fast zombies are fun, and are veary usefull in escape maps the heavly favor humans.
    however, in maps the favor zombies is when fast are trouble, They should not be banned outright, however on certain escape maps they kill all fun and challenge. as others have already said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IamHeavenxsent View Post
    I know this sort of off-topic with house rules/rules/admin discussion but why even have fast zombies?

People always complain about them on escape maps and unless I don't really understand there usefulness, they arn't that useful on cad maps(if I am wrong feel free to explain why they are)
    On escape maps, the fast zombies' speed is what gives it the upper hand. Seeing as escape maps are essentially a race against one another.

On Cade maps they are pretty balanced, actually. I generally prefer to be a fast because their speed helps out in the circumstance you're the first zombie -- you have a better chance of getting to cade spots in the first ~40 seconds it takes to set up a solid cade. Likewise, reaction time is what kills people often in zmod, for example: getting up to someone and tagging them before they can react.

Basically, on escape maps that rely solely on speed will favor faster characters. On cading maps they are quite balanced seeing as they are exceedingly fragile and cades eliminate their speed advantage to a degree.