Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fast Zombies

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Fast zombies are fun, and are veary usefull in escape maps the heavly favor humans.
    however, in maps the favor zombies is when fast are trouble, They should not be banned outright, however on certain escape maps they kill all fun and challenge. as others have already said.
    That's actually a good way to put it.

Also you covered one of my major concerns. If everyone thinks fast is unfair on a certain escape map... fine... but maybe freeze the one or two noobs that wont listen.
    Some Admins get a little ban happy which isn't always a bad thing but bans for not following the "bro code" are another thing. We have tons of punishments at our disposal.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    That's actually a good way to put it.

Also you covered one of my major concerns. If everyone thinks fast is unfair on a certain escape map... fine... but maybe freeze the one or two noobs that wont listen.
    Some Admins get a little ban happy which isn't always a bad thing but bans for not following the "bro code" are another thing. We have tons of punishments at our disposal.
    BEARS, Oasis, Anex, and myself are lenient. We issue a LOT of warnings when it comes to fast. ZERO can check the logs.

There's only so much we can do. If players are too fucking blind and stupid to read the chat console AND/OR listen to our verbal warnings, we are left with little options.

I sometimes can't believe how retarded some players are. It's like talking to a brick wall.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Apparently we have some new players to the server that after playing with other admins have concluded that it's a server rule that fast zombies are banned from escape maps.

I want to know where it is outlined, and until the rule is implemented and set in stone FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD stop making this an official phantom server rule.

If you admins want to sit there and fucking babysit half the server because 3 people want to bitch about a zombie class then by all means waste your gaming time, but do not waste it at the expense of frivolous rules because you deem it as unfair.
    As I say, "If you don't want fast zombies to kill everyone, don't play escape maps."

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    It's only for some maps. Most regulars know which maps fast are just ridiculous on, and which don't matter.
    Unfortunately, not everyone knows. People keep asking me about spots, if they're 'legit' or not. Admins keep banning spots apparently. They even say "no barricading vents." If you're by yourself, then by all means, if you have the time and luck to not get tagged before being able to get a vent barricaded, then go for it. Get a deformed or two and you'll destroy them.

The only real rooms I would consider banning/freezing people for is the red room if it's barricaded, or if someone uses the giant shelf in Snoopie.

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    James is probably better than stamp, but nowhere near pooter, eth, or cujo.
    Played with Beth, he sucked. He did nothing but camp vents, and was also really uptight.. Moreso than I.. And I've never met pooter or Cujo, or seen either of them play.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

eth is an asshole, Oasis, I don't even know why you would bring him up.

pooter camped a lot, but he also was really good at cading and knowing the tricks in maps.

5. Default

is there any place here that i could find breakdowns of each zombie class' stats?

oh, and... <_< >_> <_< sassafrass

6. Default

Type !classes I believe and it pops up with everything you need to know!
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

7. Default

Which reminds me.. Zero still needs to make a command called !basics which brings up.. Well.. The basics.. Along with a short description of ZM, how to parachute, all the commands, and etc.

Actually, I still have the message I sent him:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a simple command that displays a short description of ZM and its basics. (I.e. "Zombie Mod is a modification for Counter-Strike: Source that places you in the middle of a zombie outbreak, where you must run, hide, or build barricades to survive." or something along those lines.)

Quite a few people have been coming in and asking "What are we supposed to be doing?" or "What is this?" and such. I figure it wouldn't be that hard to create a simple command that is named "Description" inside the !zmenu command for key number 6, or accessed by typing !description via chat.

Or perhaps name it "Basics" instead of "Description." Though if you decided to do that, you could also include the rules, zombie classes and their stats, and general commands such as !ztele, how to parachute, ect.

Was just a thought.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

It would be nice if there was a weapons' buy menu.

So you can select weapons and auto-buy the weapons every subsequent round.

I saw this on another zombie mod server and loved it...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    It would be nice if there was a weapons' buy menu.

So you can select weapons and auto-buy the weapons every subsequent round.

I saw this on another zombie mod server and loved it...
    It takes me literally 1 second to buy a pistol and my P90. From there I just hit rebuy. But if you wanted to, you could bind a key to buy everything you wanted.

But having the ability to set what you want to buy always, and it automatically buys it would be nice.

10. Default

Yes I know eth was an asshole, but he was decent. You'd definately be up there with pooter or cujo though james.