Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 + expansions

1. Default

Its like you know it doesn't matter which one they get done first, just as long as we can share epic adventures together whether it be in the wastelands or oblivion. Co-op in the wastelands would be amazing as hell though.

2. Default

oblivion did look really good as well.. but like I said.. unless you're looking for a dungeon... or interesting in seeing trees constantly there isn't a hell of a lot 2 explore. also when you explore the wilderness you find your self every bit freezing up while it loads the new area which I think is retarded. I got bored with oblivion kinda quick.. the game seems unbalancd I remember at 1 point I got some golden sword for something and the thing was un-balanced style l33t... so I just went and pwwnd the gladiator event first try, with no probs with it lol...

fallout3 is like the only game thats really kept me on the edge of my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post

dunhill building scares me......

it's ok curdy, the zombie ghouls in the subway creep me out =p

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    It was ok. I didn't care to much for the main storyline. I just do the sidequests and explore uncharted terrain. (and with 285 2GB, 42" HDTV and graphic mods, the wasteland rules exploration wise.)

Nothing is more amazing then Oblivion. James can back me up on that one. Fallout 3 was decent but it didn't give me that "epic" feeling that other games gave me.
    I agree. Oblivion>all.

Only thing that beats Oblivion is Zelda OOT.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I agree. Oblivion>all.
    but why? whats so good/great about oblivion?

like I'm not trying 2 argue which is better. but fallout is better exploration and better graphics. the npc's aren't as retarded in fallout also as they are in oblivion. I'm planning on playing oblivion in the near future, but whats so great about it?
    Last edited by maynard; 01-10-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    but why? whats so good/great about oblivion?
    When it first came out, it seemed like the greatest game ever. After playing it for awhile, you became comfortable with it.. It becomes a second life almost, until you get so attached to it you end up spending two months or so worth of hours playing it, completing every aspect of the game.. Only then, after you've discovered every glitch, beat every aspect, added dozens and dozens of mods to make more quests and guilds, does it start to get slow. But I still play it from time to time..

But I guess the real amazing part can be explained after playing through the starting dungeon. The feeling of overwhelming possibilities is put to it's greatest heights in this game, all from the very beginning.

Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3 was a great game. But it doesn't have the replay value oblivion does it seems.. I was only able to keep playing F3 after the first couple of weeks thanks to having all the expansions and a few mods. But even then, I was unable to finish two of the expansion packs before I got bored.

The key difference between F3 and Oblivion is the setting. F3 is more futuristic, obviously, which by all means isn't bad. I love the Plasma Rifle. But it just doesn't hold the beauty and mystical properties that Oblivion does.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 01-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

When it first came out, it seemed like the greatest game ever. After playing it for awhile, you became comfortable with it.. It became a second life almost, until you get so attached to it you end up spending two months or so worth of hours playing it, completing every aspect of the game.. Only then, after you've discovered every glitch, beat every aspect, added dozens and dozens of mods to make more quests and guilds, does it start to get slow. But I still play it from time to time..

But I guess the real amazing part can be explained after playing through the starting dungeon. The feeling of overwhelming possibilities is put to it's greatest heights in this game, all from the very beginning.
    was kind of hoping you would give actual reasons as 2 why the game is good. all you really said is you were addicted 2 it... and the starting scene is amazing and full of possibilites... even though you have 2 follow a set path out of the place.. and other then that you get 2 confirm your character info before leaaving.

you said oblivion beats it... well give me some reasons. like I said. there's piss all 2 explore in comparison with fallout 3, the NPC's in fallout 3 are far more in depth and offer way more conversation and actual differnt facial exeropsions (un like oblivion) and seeing how these games are basically founded on exploration and fallout 3's is better, I don't see how oblivion could be better than it. plz explain, I want 2 get pumped on oblivion before I play it.

also where you get the graphics enhancer mod for it?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

was kind of hoping you would give actual reasons as 2 why the game is good. all you really said is you were addicted 2 it... and the starting scene is amazing and full of possibilites... even though you have 2 follow a set path out of the place.. and other then that you get 2 confirm your character info before leaaving.

you said oblivion beats it... well give me some reasons. like I said. there's piss all 2 explore in comparison with fallout 3, the NPC's in fallout 3 are far more in depth and offer way more conversation and actual differnt facial exeropsions (un like oblivion) and seeing how these games are basically founded on exploration and fallout 3's is better, I don't see how oblivion could be better than it. plz explain, I want 2 get pumped on oblivion before I play it.

also where you get the graphics enhancer mod for it?
    I did give a reason, but you probably didn't see it cause I edited my post. The settings the two games put you in are very different. It probably depends more on the person playing the games than the games themselves. I prefer the relaxing, and nice feel that Oblivion gave. Whereas Fallout 3 was a bit more lonely and depressing. I'm not saying don't play Fallout 3. I'm saying play Fallout 3, then play Oblivion.

And you get most mods at www.fallout3nexus.com/ for Fallout 3.

8. Default

I did give a reason, but you probably didn't see it cause I edited my post. The settings the two games put you in are very different. It probably depends more on the person playing the games than the games themselves. I prefer the relaxing, and nice feel that Oblivion gave. Whereas Fallout 3 was a bit more lonely and depressing. I'm not saying don't play Fallout 3. I'm saying play Fallout 3, then play Oblivion.

And you get most mods at www.fallout3nexus.com/ for Fallout 3.
    don't they have mods for oblivion? cause I got pc and 360 version. I rather do it on PC if there's mods.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

don't they have mods for oblivion? cause I got pc and 360 version. I rather do it on PC if there's mods.
    http://www.tesnexus.com/

There's a zombie apocalypse mod in there somewhere. It was fun for awhile. There's a lot of interesting mods, just have to look around for them. There's even a neko race mod <3...

If you want I can tell you the list of mods I have installed. There's about 50.

10. Default

http://www.tesnexus.com/

If you want I can tell you the list of mods I have installed. There's about 50.
    if it's not 2 much trouble, id love 2 know what youd recommend mod wise.

Maynard - The WCS Guy