Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Walter

1. Default

It continues like her, I predicted that reached the golden age of ibis. Because the admins are beginning to ban other admins ... and members of the clan began to insult the regular players ... Clan members become moderator on the forum ... Zero neglecting the quality of servers .. . ouin we near the end of ibis!

EDIT: But hey ... It's always fun to see her long life to IBIS!

2. Default

I'm not saying regulars should get special treatment. I'm saying it is a LOT LESS LIKELY for a regular to be hacking.

That is a moot point in any case. Any admin who confuses bunnyhopping with speedhacking is clearly a novice to the game.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=Toy=-=Québec=-FR View Post
    It continues like her, I predicted that reached the golden age of ibis. Because the admins are beginning to ban other admins ... and members of the clan began to insult the regular players ... Clan members become moderator on the forum ... Zero neglecting the quality of servers .. . ouin we near the end of ibis!

EDIT: But hey ... It's always fun to see her long life to IBIS!
    Think about it guys, a French Canadian is the most human of us all.

But really, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'd rather see someone banned for the assumption of speed hacking and the demo prove them innocent than them speed hack and nothing be done. The demo was reviewed and his ban was removed, no issue there in my mind.

This is how we learn, anyways. Some people legitimately don't know what bunny hopping is.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

4. Default

It's getting worse because the real problems aren't being resolved and there's no communication with the community about it. The servers run like shit, with constant recurring problems FOR MONTHS, and IBIS' reaction to keep the community together is to allow more clan members in or spread out the regulars that remain onto a MMORPG-style leveling server (WCS) to hook them and keep them coming back (online gaming's form of crack).

All this adds to a growing level of frustration that got to me last month when a fresh IBIS member decided to play high-horse, pushing for hypocritical "cooperation" when cooperation FROM the community has always been forthcoming for years but has always been ignored in favor of a select few that harass Zero into making changes aimed at only benefiting the harassers.

Then there's been the long standing lack of SPINE from IBIS concerning regulars that cause tons of problems in the community. Regulars that either buy admin or coax others to buy them admin to avoid punishments and/or abuse people on the servers. But the abuse doesn't seem limited to them, seeing IBIS members themselves regularly pick fights with regulars for fun, even in this very thread, or other admins pushing long-term bans before any effort to make sure the person is breaking a rule.

None of this is community building behavior. It feels desperate and hasty, "eager to please" without any justice or dare I say "sustainable" thought. The more chaotic the clan allows the community to become, the harder the fall will be and perhaps more damaging for the clan members themselves. I'm not just talking about emotional, but you guys need to seriously consider that if someone gets hurt because of some policy action of the clan, the person's family will come after you personally.

It's an issue that hearkens back to my pleading for respect of our younger players, but even abusive behavior against other adults still has it's risks as well. The Internet might feel like the wild west today, but it's quickly changing and IBIS needs to recognize it's responsibilities before a courtroom explains it to them.

5. Default

Seriously Dennis you perma ban hackers.

Get that through your head, sir. It is stated right fucking there in the rules.

Mal: I knew you wouldn't be gone forever.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Seriously Dennis you perma ban hackers.

Get that through your head, sir. It is stated right fucking there in the rules.

Mal: I knew you wouldn't be gone forever.
    I'm a little uneasy about an admin having perma ban powers if he can't differentiate between bunnyhopping and speedhacking.

7. Default

mal, don't you be knocking on wcs.

i'll beat you
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Regs don't get special treatment. If Dennis sees a reg breaking the rules then I expect him to punish the violator.
    Walter, who are you to tell other admins that Dennis is going to be on your bad side. Who cares if he is...
    The point was that since Chase is a regular Deniis should be more aware of what it means to actually hack.

Chase knows how to play the game. Just because at first glance you think you see unfair play doesn't mean that is the case. Especially coming from a guy who has shown he is a legit player and pretty good at what he does.

9. Default

I think he just banned him for 2 hours b/c he did not have a demo. If he had one he would have made it perma.

10. Default

Mallissin, I'm pretty sure I know a couple of the problems you're talking about, but I'd like you to go ahead and name as many as you can to bring them to attention.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.