i have a question about the lag issue. im a noob when it comes to things like this so please dont flame and dont read this if you are in a bad mood. i am not starting this thread for a flame war or arguments so please keep that out of here.

ive read many comments that say that the lag is because of peoples connection/processor/video card/crappy laptop/etc. but i find that hard to believe when, if the server lags, just about everyone in the server says omg lag at the same time. i play on a laptop (not anything fancy, just a sony vaio) and since the first time ive played in ibis zm, i never had any problem with lag until very recently (when i say recently i mean starting about last september if i remember correctly.) on top of that, i am not the only one experiencing lag. like i said before, just about everyone in the server complains about the lag at the exact same time that it happens.

i was just wondering how the cause of the lag could be peoples individual equipment when months ago i could play zm for hours with no lag at all but recently everyone lags at the exact same time. it seems that when i first started playing zm that my equipment and connection was just fine but now it is not able to handle zm lagging here and there.

my opinion really does not mean anything on this matter because i really dont have an ounce of computer knowledge but i still feel i am making a valid statement when i say that i dont think the lag is coming from peoples equipment. everyone lags at the same time and long ago i was able to run zm (forgot to mention with a full server) without any lag at all so this all puzzles me. i dont think it is peoples equipment, but maybe something wrong with the server itself. if anyone has the time, please help a noob out with this issue because i dont see how the equipment explanation adds up.