Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real bad cravings

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    exactly how are you suffering? do you really want to hurt yourself? it feels good short term, but the long term effects of drugs are not worth it. and +1 to what masta said. you are weak if you control your addiction to drugs.

as an alternative, why dont you try dip or chewing tobacco. you get a good buzz off of it and its not nearly as bad as cigs and other drugs you are wanting. (i dip about twice a week.)

id recommend copenhagen straight long cut, skoal apple or peach, and grizzly mint.
    Twice a week won't kill you, I just have to disagree. It has been time and gain scientifically proved that chewing tobacco is not a safe or a better alternative to smoking, and that it is as harmful to health as smoking. Tobacco is just a no. I smoke, so I participate in degenerating my own health, I just wouldn't pick up one to replace the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."

2. Default

when I gave up drugs I kept my mind off it by just focusing on certain things I enjoyed like gaming or going for a hike or lifting weights... like I told you before trying 2 quit drugs and cigs at the same time is kind of a bad idea... it's beyond hard 2 quit drugs in the first place... you would be better off quitting drugs... using cigs as a crutch so you still got something.. then getting yourself off of the cigs. you said it though, you're going cold turkey, so don't take what I Just said as a excuse 2 smoke now, you made the choice and you gotta ride it out brotha.

if you want some releif get nicotine patches.. they're amazing.
    Last edited by maynard; 01-15-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Curdy get some nicotine gum. That will kill your crave right there for about 30 min.
    Those things are like a dollar a piece.. It would be better to just buy some new games to get your mind off it.

Curdy, I've been around drug addicts and alcoholics my entire life, and I can probably tell you ways to prepare yourself better mentally for resisting such things, but overall, I would like to tell you that you always have a choice, and that pain is only temporary.

It also helps to not put yourself around people that ultimately place you in tempting situations.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

I'm surprised alcohol hasn't come up in this discussion yet.

It's a depressant.

It lowers your inhibitions.

It's legal (worldwide).

Get on the bandwagon...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    It also helps to not put yourself around people that ultimately place you in tempting situations.
    If this hadn't been said yet in the post I was going to mention it.

Hanging out with people who are doing the things you want to get away from is just asking for trouble. Lay low for a while until you think you can hang out with those guys again and not feel so tempted.

Personally, if I wanted to quit something and felt tempted by it, I would just fill the void with women until I felt better. It works for people all the time. Plus you have an accent, come over to the states and get some.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post

Curdy, I've been around drug addicts and alcoholics my entire life, and I can probably tell you ways to prepare yourself better mentally for resisting .
    little late for that.

curdy, it will all be over in a couple weeks. keep that in mind.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

I never understood the "people you hang out with will influence your decisions." If you let people influence your decisions and the things you do; you have no respect for yourself as a person. I've been hanging around my friends who abuse drugs heavily; half my family are alcoholics, and despite all that shit and being around it, I MYSELF know what I want for MY LIFE.

Do you Curdy. Fuck what is around you.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    I never understood the "people you hang out with will influence your decisions." If you let people influence your decisions and the things you do; you have no respect for yourself as a person. I've been hanging around my friends who abuse drugs heavily; half my family are alcoholics, and despite all that shit and being around it, I MYSELF know what I want for MY LIFE.

that's probably because you've never been addicted 2 drugs. yeah, before I did them it was easy 2 sit there and say what you're saying. but once you do them, like them, gain an addiction.. and then try 2 quit. well being around those ppl becomes very hard. the difference between you and him, is he's detoxing, you're not. so it's easy 2 say the things you're saying and mean them... curdy's body is emotionally and physically going through a bad time right now due 2 detox.

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    I'm surprised alcohol hasn't come up in this discussion yet.
    meh.. alcohol is nothing like drugs. majority of drugs you can operate on just fine and act normal. alcohol just makes you a fucking fool, smells big time, and is quite obvious when a persons been drinking. It's only when you start abusing the drugs really bad and have been doing them for a good while that you start showing actual signs that you're fucked up. and cause curdy was into coke, drinking would probably remind him of doing drugs cause the 2 go hand in hand.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post

I'll repeat my previous statement.

There are no chosen ones, only ones that choose.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

I am addicted to a certain narcotic. I already detoxed myself in August/September and during that time I did some weird shit. I haven't taken it in awhile because like I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to jeopardize something I want for something that temporarily makes me feel happy.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me