Thread: [Solved] dark maps

1. Arrow [Solved] dark maps

I found the cause of some of the maps going black. It appears that these maps go dark because the map maker never actually put lights in the map. Instead they tell the map to tell the server to enable cheats and then to force sky light. Logically this causes serious security problems and the server to get hacked. New security plug-ins in the server prevent cheats being enabled and therefore prevent these map hacks from turning the lights on. As a result the maps will be dark until the lazy map maker releases a version that does enable servers to be exploited.

2. Default

...sreiously?

wow
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

I'm glad you were able to figure it out, where as I couldn't.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

This is why Zero gets paid the big bucks.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

Wait, were you saying you fixed it Zero? Police Prison still goes dark..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

It is fixed in that I know what causes it. It is not fixed in that the maps will be dark as the map maker never installed lights. That is not something I have control over.

7. Default

He said that there's no way to fix it unless the map makers actually release a version with proper lighting rather than forced lighting via enabling cheats.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

8. Default

Or.... Someone take the time to add lights to each of the maps that are editable...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

9. Default

Time to go find some modders..