Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Book of Eli

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    actually it's the other way around. book of eli you can claim came from Mad Max

and resident evil and all that shit you could say came from evil dead, night of the living dead, white zombie... etc.

zombies and post apocalyptic scenarios were around long before they were ever games.

and both the book of eli and zombie land have NOTHING to do with any resident evil or fallout games.
    Either way i thought alot of the scenes and scenarios were exactly the same way as fallout 3, but that just my opinion. I would list some direct similarities but i know some people havent watched it yet. And i thought zombie land was more like Left 4 dead than Resident Evil.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    Either way i thought alot of the scenes and scenarios were exactly the same way as fallout 3, but that just my opinion. I would list some direct similarities but i know some people havent watched it yet. And i thought zombie land was more like Left 4 dead than Resident Evil.
    well for fallout 3 its post apocalyptic lol... so it generally looks the same. with with fallout 3 being so recent and the movie as well, yeah you can find some similarities between the 2 for sure. I even think when he goes into that shack at the beginning of the movie, and he kicks the bottles on the ground with his feet when he's walking, Is like the exact same sound wave they used in fallout 3 lol.

left 4 dead is nothing like zombie land imo. LFD is supposed 2 be serious, as where zombieland is just a comedy, like shaun of the dead. LFD has crazy ass monsters, death, blood and cool shit. where in zombie land they have like little 2 no contact with zombies. there's like a medium size horde at the end of the movie... other then that you never see zombies unless there's like 1 and it's a quick kill... big whoop. I was kind of disapointed with zombie land... cause it was really just more about comedy then anything.

the only connection I really see between the 2 is the fact there's zombies. I hope the next zombie land has more action though.

you know what would be cool, if they made a good resident evil movie for once.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    left 4 dead is nothing like zombie land imo. LFD is supposed 2 be serious, as where zombieland is just a comedy, like shaun of the dead. LFD has crazy ass monsters, death, blood and cool shit. where in zombie land they have like little 2 no contact with zombies. there's like a medium size horde at the end of the movie... other then that you never see zombies unless there's like 1 and it's a quick kill... big whoop. I was kind of disapointed with zombie land... cause it was really just more about comedy then anything.

the only connection I really see between the 2 is the fact there's zombies. I hope the next zombie land has more action though.

you know what would be cool, if they made a good resident evil movie for once.
    I dont take L4D to serious myself and i would compare it more to L4D2 but the movie came out before hand. But the posters are simular as well. You have 4 people, and random weapons they kill with and i would say the whole carnval map makes me think zombieland and L4D2.

Yeah the resident evil movies do kinda suck, but least there not like Uwe Boll shitty movie adaptations.

4. Default

"you must be this tall.... TO DIE" hahah ... so stupid.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

reading some of these comments reminds me of the movie the zombie diaries. on the back of the movie it says its the greatest zombie movie ever made and the pictures/art on the front and back of the movie case arent even from the movie. biggest crock of shit ive wasted my money on

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

6. Default

Don't mean to keep derailing this topic but on zombies anyone ever read the book "world war z"? One my favorites.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    Don't mean to keep derailing this topic but on zombies anyone ever read the book "world war z"? One my favorites.
    no. but I'm for sure going 2 now, thx. =)

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    YT made a whole World War Z thread about a couple of months ago. I've read it three times >.>.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."

9. Default

Back on topic...... saw Book of Eli and thought it was absolutely phenomenal. The review says it all, "It will rock your soul!"