Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: !zspawn problem

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Except... It's not the same.
    It's the same deal. I've already explained the similarities it's just you who doesn't understand it.

2. Default

You know, Oasis, if you weren't an admin and I saw you doing that you would have been banned for a while due to exploiting the server.

That isn't right, man. You can't just do these things.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

3. Default

I personally dont think it should be removed but I do think there needs to be a rule for disconnecting and connecting to !zspawn.

The rounds are long and when I boot up a game, I want to play, and not wait 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

No Christmas... You fail to understand that it's NOT the same. Yes, It can be related to those methods, but is not the same.

Either way, It needs to go or there needs to be some rules set in place.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

5. Default

No Christmas... You fail to understand that it's NOT the same. Yes, It can be related to those methods, but is not the same.

Either way, It needs to go or there needs to be some rules set in place.
    You fail to understand what I mean by "same".

Obviously it is not the exact same. However the motivation for using it and the issue with it are the same. That is the point.

6. Default

I will be freezing or temporarily banning anyone who does this to gain an edge. Of course, this will be within the limitations of the ToS, however, this goes for regulars as well.

Using !zspawn in this way is a clear exploit of a server function in a manner which was not intended.

EDIT -- Until Zero says otherwise, I suggest all other admins follow suit with this.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 01-17-2010 at 07:06 PM.

7. Default

It's not the same if you die before you respawn. Thats the reason it is there and to allow just connected players to join game.

Who the hell are you to make up rules on ZEROS' servers or even suggest other admins follow you on your made up rules. I can understand if its done IF it is being "exploited" as in the person is avoiding death.

When the rank whores bitch out and stop trying this is a great feature for others that at least try and do something.

Also, its not the same. It can be related however. Maybe it would help you if you looked up the definition of same.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

It's not the same if you die before you respawn. Thats the reason it is there and to allow just connected players to join game.

Who the hell are you to make up rules on ZEROS' servers or even suggest other admins follow you on your made up rules. I can understand if its done IF it is being "exploited" as in the person is avoiding death.

When the rank whores bitch out and stop trying this is a great feature for others that at least try and do something.

Also, its not the same. It can be related however. Maybe it would help you if you looked up the definition of same.
    I can tell you didn't watch the demo (in fact I doubt you even understood the OP), because that is the EXACT thing that was happening, and is the EXACT thing I'm talking about.

Avoiding tag.

Avoiding death.

Avoiding blemishes to the rank.

It's all the same.

Also, I'm not telling ZERO what to do. I'm not demanding. I'm saying that what was done in that demo seems to me like abuse of the !zspawn feature and a tactic that prevents the player from being killed, then respawning with full health. This is a discussion forum, and you must be out of your mind if you think that we shouldn't discuss what WE as a community thinks is the best way to enjoy the servers.

Spare me.

9. Default

I'm kinda glad I no longer play ZM.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

10. Default

I am an admin on the server. It's my job to make game play is fair and consistent and to make sure server functions aren't being exploited by players to gain an edge.

Using the !zspawn feature to pop back up to full life is an exploit of the feature and shouldn't be tolerated.