Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: !zspawn problem

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I am an admin on the server. It's my job to make game play is fair and consistent and to make sure server functions aren't being exploited by players to gain an edge.

Using the !zspawn feature to pop back up to full life is an exploit of the feature and shouldn't be tolerated.
    That doesn't give you any right to make any kind of rules. It's not being "exploited" unless your avoiding death.

It's not the same.

At least we can all agree that !zspawn should be removed.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I'm kinda glad I no longer play ZM.
    I know, right?

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

Let me give you an example, Steamer.

Someone is trying to break a cade. They get shot to hell and only have 50 life left. They disconnect and reconnect then !zspawn. They go back to the cade and try to break it some more. They get shot to hell and run away. They disconnect then reconnect and !zspawn again.

This is exploiting and avoiding death. Do you agree?
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    Let me give you an example, Steamer.

Someone is trying to break a cade. They get shot to hell and only have 50 life left. They disconnect and reconnect then !zspawn. They go back to the cade and try to break it some more. They get shot to hell and run away. They disconnect then reconnect and !zspawn again.

This is exploiting and avoiding death. Do you agree?
    when people were disconnecting to avoid being tagged by the zombie, we would ban them cause they were doing so to keep their rank in ZM.

this falls under that same category, you shouldn't be disconnecting and reconnecting in any way to avoid dying/tagged by zombie.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    when people were disconnecting to avoid being tagged by the zombie, we would ban them cause they were doing so to keep their rank in ZM.

this falls under that same category, you shouldn't be disconnecting and reconnecting in any way to avoid dying/tagged by zombie.
    It's nice to know we agree on something for a change, ITB.

That being said, I'll be severely impede anyone's ability to enjoy the game if they exploit !zspawn in this manner.

6. Default

I don't need an example. Yes that is avoiding death and also breaking rules and exploiting the feature. Dieing then rejoining I don't see as an "exploit".

Do you not see "avoiding death" in my posts? At least read the shit before you comment or give me an "example".
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

That's exploiting the !zspawn feature as well.

Until Zero tells me otherwise I'll likewise be impeding one's ability to enjoy the game if they use !zspawn to play in any way other than the original intention - the ability to hop into the game immediately without waiting for the round to end.

It's exploiting the feature, and under server rules exploiting the server is bad. Zero can read these posts, and until he tells me otherwise I'll be trying to hold the feature to its original intended use.

8. Default

No it isn't, it's what its there for. That was also it's intended use when c0ldfire added the feature long ago.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I don't need an example. Yes that is avoiding death and also breaking rules and exploiting the feature. Dieing then rejoining I don't see as an "exploit".

Do you not see "avoiding death" in my posts? At least read the shit before you comment or give me an "example".
    Since you refuse to understand why I posted this in the first place:

My entire premise is based on the fact that the !zspawn feature was abused so that a zombie could reconnect without being killed with full health you moron.

10. Default

Never said I didn't understand why you posted this in the first place.

More whine and spam please.