Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate life, and his computer.

1. Default

Alright, hopefully I explain this right.

Restart your computer.

During the load up your going to want to load windows in safe mode.

You can do this a couple of ways but the way that I do it, which is not the best way, is to wait until the windows icon pops up and the loading bar is loading windows. Power down. Hold the power button until the computer turns off.

Power on.

You should get a message that states that windows was improperly shutdown and la la la la. You should have the option to 'Run Windows in Safe Mode". If it gives you that option with networking enabled select that one.

If your in safe mode and you can't access the internet then you need to turn on your networking device. I can't remember how to do that just right now, but you do need to get into your Device Manager.

Once in Safe Mode, (Safe Mode is basic windows. Poor graphics and no programs will load with out you specifically telling it too, so the virus should not start up.) Go to your anti-virus site and download the program. I suggest Windows Defender. It actually score very high according to Maximum PC.

After downloading, install, run. Do a full scan and it should ping the virus.

In safe mode, when you restart you will restart windows in normal mode.

2. Default

If it's honestly not letting you go to any antivirus website or restore, you will have to reformat. Or remove some files in your registry, and you will a professional for that.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

If it's an old pc it wouldn't hurt to re-format and re-install your OS anyway. It will probably speed it up a little bit.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    Alright, hopefully I explain this right.

Restart your computer.

During the load up your going to want to load windows in safe mode.

You can do this a couple of ways but the way that I do it, which is not the best way, is to wait until the windows icon pops up and the loading bar is loading windows. Power down. Hold the power button until the computer turns off.

Power on.

You should get a message that states that windows was improperly shutdown and la la la la. You should have the option to 'Run Windows in Safe Mode". If it gives you that option with networking enabled select that one.

If your in safe mode and you can't access the internet then you need to turn on your networking device. I can't remember how to do that just right now, but you do need to get into your Device Manager.

Once in Safe Mode, (Safe Mode is basic windows. Poor graphics and no programs will load with out you specifically telling it too, so the virus should not start up.) Go to your anti-virus site and download the program. I suggest Windows Defender. It actually score very high according to Maximum PC.

After downloading, install, run. Do a full scan and it should ping the virus.

In safe mode, when you restart you will restart windows in normal mode.

I know how to get into safe mode, but it won't let me.

Idfk why.

I tried it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Pavlik View Post
    If it's honestly not letting you go to any antivirus website or restore, you will have to reformat. Or remove some files in your registry, and you will a professional for that.
    i already started saving her shit to a flashdrive...

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    If it's an old pc it wouldn't hurt to re-format and re-install your OS anyway. It will probably speed it up a little bit.
    It's not too old, it's a custom rig.

But I think for her sake, I just might reformat it, because she can't take care of shit.

And I just tried playing, but it crashed after my ping hit over 600.

I give up.

Going to bed.
    Last edited by inthebutt; 01-19-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: double posting
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

5. Default

[QUOTE=Bumpkin;50042]

Idfk why.

I tried it 3 times.

did you try my method or another?

another is to spam the F8 key or F9-12.

The virus would not be active until windows is loaded up so it's not affecting your ability to enter safemode.

Also, as far as I know, I haven't heard of a virus that was able to change your bios settings from windows.

6. Default

Reformating isn't always necesary...

Also try Avast, free and pretty decent AV.

Certain malware/spyware trojans are highly "advanced" and can not be removed by AV alone. Some things actually require registry editing ect to be done.If you don't know exactly what you are doing you will screw things up very badly.

If you can back up and reformat and you are most comfortable with doing that then that is what I suggest you do. That doesn't go to say that you may accidenly drag the trojan to back up and wind up with the same problem your currently in. Id check and clean the files if necassary in a VM before you put them back on the PC.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default ech

If you can't get into safe mode, you're pretty much boned. The only chance you had was getting into safe mode and running antivirus/antispyware without having the full gambit of services running.

Do like Zero said -- simply backup, format, reinstall.

Definitely get yourself at the very least some free antivirus, though. (As previously suggested, AVG is free and works reasonably well.) Install SpyDoctor as well when you're done. That'll help with some of the stuff that slips through AVG's fingers. Good luck!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post

Idfk why.

I tried it 3 times.
    There is no way that your computer can restart but not get into safe mode. No fucking way.

You can log onto the forums, play games, and surf the net, but you can't use any anti-virus software or do anything listed to FIX the problem? And you are coming here instead of somewhere where people can actually help your plight much better?

Seriously, this doesn't make any sense at all.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    There is no way that your computer can restart but not get into safe mode. No fucking way.

You can log onto the forums, play games, and surf the net, but you can't use any anti-virus software or do anything listed to FIX the problem? And you are coming here instead of somewhere where people can actually help your plight much better?

Agreed, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. If good ol' F8 on startup and "Safe Mode with Networking" doesn't get you where you need to go, but you can login to your desktop normally and use the internet and play CS, you've got some fancy new HIV I've never bore witness to, and I own my own IT Consulting company lol.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post

Humm maybe another ploy for attention?

LOL ok want a fix do this... go to control panel. I know you will be able to open un/install. Un/install any anti virus software that's auto popping up or "detecting a virus when you don't do anything". Another thing that helps is pull or shut off your Internet connection. Then if any program tells you "your computer is under attack from XXX XXX..." you know its full of shit.

My friend had the same type of problem and it took me all of 5 mins to fix. What really bugs me is anything that would actually cause this much chaos would not let you to go on-line... much less post in these forums.