Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: i feel so dirty

1. Default i feel so dirty

I just voted for a republican. ewwww

Discuss this election that oh so impacts the rest of you bitches

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

I don't give a fuck about any election.

Our Government, along with many others, is corrupt and no matter what we do...it's not going to change. That's my take on it.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

3. Default

Personally, I've always had the mentality that both sides are corrupt. Like I told masta, I'm declared independent because neither side is for me. They decide things based on special interest groups and the lobbyists that throw $$$ to influence votes. There is no such thing as fair government. It is what it is.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. - Thomas Jefferson

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

It's a country ruled by sophists.

Ironic considering the country is here today because of that same sophism that everyone hates. And the fact that the country revolted to form this type of government.

But that is politics for you.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny

-Thomas Jefferson

5. Default

I have a feeling that this thread is going to make me very angry very quick and some of the ignorance people have lol - with that said I will do my best not to re-look at this.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

6. Default

I'm a progressive -- I don't consider myself a democrat in the slightest anymore. That being said. This election really doesn't matter in the scheme of things. The dems with an 18 vote lead in the senate isn't a super majority, sure, but the dems have a much wider majority in the senate than republicans had when Bush could do practically anything he wanted.

It's all good.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

7. Default

Actually, if Scott Brown wins... it pretty much blocks the Health Care reform bill and any other bill that Obama tries to put forth.

And here in Massachusetts... we have no desire for health care reform.

มวยไทย

8. Default

...what elections?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

มวยไทย

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Actually, if Scott Brown wins... it pretty much blocks the Health Care reform bill and any other bill that Obama tries to put forth.

And here in Massachusetts... we have no desire for health care reform.
    In Massachusetts you already have government mandated healthcare, and in fact, the system that your state has in place is more progressive than the one on the senate floor at the moment.

Democrats have been conceding every point to republicans ANYWAYS. If there was a 99/1 split that would pretty much still be the case. 1 seat really doesn't change anything. The bill could still be passed through reconciliation in the senate, but for some reason the dems don't think it's right or some nonsense. Reconciliation would let the bill to avoid a republican filibuster, which is their only card in the hole at this point, and one they've played a lot recently. I've pretty much given up on the two-party system anyhow.

But either way, if the republican wins it's essentially Massachusetts telling the rest of the country "suck it bitches."
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?