Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Abuse of Forum Moderation

1. Default

what bullshit accusations?

and i'm not being belligerant or anything. it's an honest, calm question. i just was wondering what you were accused of.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

First page of the link I posted in the beginning.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2718

They were harassing me to answer a "simple question" as I was setting up a barricade at the doorway to the blue tower on 4corners ZM. Asking what I thought of barricading vents, on a map that has no vents. I ignored them (literally not speaking on mic or text), so James said I was disrespecting him for not answering and threatened to ban.

He was trying to goad me into an argument to ban, either by getting me agitated enough to say something stupid or stating the barricade I was in was against the rules.

So, the few times I spoke was quick and non-confrontational, yet they continued and then say I was "incredibly rude".

I set the record straight in my reply and it was deleted by James, he posted a reply like I had never responded and then closed the thread.

Clearly abusing his moderation powers to skew the thread.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    But then again, all this is just WORDS and I thought actions spoke louder? You know, like censoring someone's post who was defending himself from bullshit accusations? You ever known me to ACT inappropriately, like abusing admin when I had it or physically causing problems in-game? I think not.
    Bullshit accusations? I asked you a question, all you had to do was say or post "yes" or "no." There was no need for you to defend yourself, for I was not going to take any actions against you to begin with. Get your sentence straight, I said I 'could' ban you for disrespect. And thinking back on it, I should have.

Instead, you continued to be an idiot, refused to answer the simple question asked by myself, Autumn, and Holy Dart. And later, your post contained anything but an answer to my question.

I set the record straight in my reply and it was deleted by James, he posted a reply like I had never responded and then closed the thread.
    Your post was pointless and the thread was going nowhere. You didn't set anything straight at all. You obviously weren't going to resolve the issue. And really, you're doing nothing but making problems when there doesn't need to be.

Edit: And to prove that you don't have things straight, I'll quote two things that you said.

I was threatened with a ban for barricading the front door of the blue tower on 4 corners.
    so James said I was disrespecting him for not answering and threatened to ban.
    Sounds like your story is changing, Mal. Two completely different statements. Neither of which are correct, might I add. And, remember, two other admins asked you the same thing. I'll also say this again, I stated I could have banned you, not that I would.

This thread is over, but knowing Mallissin he will come back bitching. Why don't you do what you did that night and just ignore this and be quiet? You're good at that.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 01-20-2010 at 03:34 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Same story as the post I made in the other thread, which if you hadn't deleted would have saved you another thread and not contrary to what I've said here.

You asked the question ONLY to start an argument, you made the comparison between the cade I was making and cading a vent after I said "Why does my opinion matter?". Then when I continued to ignore you, you threatened a ban.

You would not have threatened a ban at all if you hadn't goaded me with the question. And Dart did not ask the question, she only pleaded with me to answer it. The whole lot of you tried to bully me into an argument and you failed. A few minutes later, you and Autumn left, a few hours later I posed the question on the forums to get the issue out of the way so you can NEVER DO IT AGAIN. I didn't name you in the thread at all but you insisted on pressing the issue.

You were being abusive in-game and on the forums here, and have yet to explain YOURSELF honestly; Either why you asked the question or why you deleted the post and acted like it was never there.

Edit note: If you want to talk about someone lying, how about YOU changing stories in the previous thread. You didn't ask "Did you allow barricading in vents?", you asked "How do you feel about barricading vents?". Again, absolutely out of context and very obviously an attempt to start shit. You've been on spec watching me when I have called people on it. You even made comments one day we were on the server's default map (name alludes me) from spec when I shot a vending machine out of the vents I was in. You knew the answer was No. You wanted me to say it, so you could make the comparison and you did later without me saying anything. It was a ploy as I said in the response you deleted.
    Last edited by Mallissin; 01-20-2010 at 04:19 PM.

I know that an admins opinion has no value compared to a clan members opinion, but I have never had a problem with Mallissin in the past...and after reading both threads all the way through...his story has remained the same every single time he posted an answer or a response to anyone. And technically, the 2 statements that James quoted above...are identical. It has to deal with the same exact situation and how Mallissin interpreted it.

And technically, ignoring a clan member isn't "disrespect". Ignoring a clan member to avoid a argument isn't disrespect IMO. It's smart. I'd like to hear ZERO's take on this personally.

Also, I don't see the benefit in clan members throwing out personal attacks to anyone on the forums. Especially since it is public. Highly immature in my eyes.

Anyways...love all the clan members, just my 2 cents.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I know that an admins opinion has no value compared to a clan members opinion, but I have never had a problem with Mallissin in the past...and after reading both threads all the way through...his story has remained the same every single time he posted an answer or a response to anyone. And technically, the 2 statements that James quoted above...are identical. It has to deal with the same exact situation and how Mallissin interpreted it.

And technically, ignoring a clan member isn't "disrespect". Ignoring a clan member to avoid a argument isn't disrespect IMO. It's smart. I'd like to hear ZERO's take on this personally.

Also, I don't see the benefit in clan members throwing out personal attacks to anyone on the forums. Especially since it is public. Highly immature in my eyes.

7. Default

mal, this is something that should be taken care of in pm's.

what james asked was a perfectly reasonable question.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post

I agree here too, to an extent...

I had also just asked him to answer the question, just so it would end.

But technically, Mal made things worse by not answering.

it was just and yes or no question, though why James was asking I do not know.

Both parties might be wrong, seeing as they both think they were right.

but this all boils down to personal distaste for one another.

Sounds like a familiar story, tbh.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post

But technically, Mal made things worse by not answering.

it was just and yes or no question, though why James was asking I do not know.

Both parties might be wrong, seeing as they both think they were right.

but this all boils down to personal distaste for one another.

Mal not answering should not have made things worse. He wasn't breaking any rules nor doing anything wrong.

Why James asked? Who knows. Why Mallissin didn't answer...he stated numerous times he wanted to avoid an argument that he thought he saw being instigated by James.

Yes, both think they were right...as do everyone in an argument.

Personal distaste? I don't know their history nor do I care.

Truly, this thread should be viewed by ZERO...and then closed.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    mal, this is something that should be taken care of in pm's.

what james asked was a perfectly reasonable question.
    No, it wasn't. This is how the voice chat went.

James: Mallissin........... MALlissin. I have a question to ask you.
    Mallissin: *silence for 45 seconds to a minute*
    James: Mallissin?
    Autumn: MALLISSIN!
    Mallissin: Hmm?
    James: How do you feel about cade breaking?
    Mallissin: *silence for 30-45 seconds, wondering "great, where's this going?"*
    James: Well, Mallissin?...... How do you feel about cade breaking?
    Mallissin: *more silence*
    Autumn: Just answer the question, Mallissin.
    Dart (in text): Do it, Mallissin.
    Mallissin: Why does my opinion matter?
    James: Because that cade is impossible to break like cading vents.
    Mallissin *even more silence for 20-30 seconds, lots of eye rolling offline*
    James: Answer the question or I'll ban you for disrespecting an admin.
    Mallissin: WTF? There's no rule saying I need to answer silly questions.
    Autumn: But you're disrespecting an admin, Mallissin *in the typical condescending voice she has*
    Dart: Just answer him.
    Mallissin: This isn't a vent and you make plenty of impossible to break cades.
    James and Autumn at the same time saying crap, and I stop talking entirely for the next round or two.

Seem reasonable to you? As I said, it was all a ploy to start an argument so he could have leverage to ban. He asked the question knowing the answer so he can use the answer to justify saying the spot was against the rules. When I explained this in my reply in the other thread, he DELETED THE POST.

Ask any IBIS member who has read the deleted post if they thought it deserved to be deleted, since obviously you aren't being given the chance.

And no, Autumn, both parties aren't "wrong". If two parties are wrong, it would be YOU and HIM, both trying to start trouble which for you isn't surprising but is obviously surprising for some when it comes to James, but doesn't surprise me in the least from my perspective listening to what he says while hiding on spec and whispering in the background in PMs. He is far more conniving than most people give him credit.

Deleting the post proves that, on-top of the reaction to the thread AND the original conversation that started it all.

My only crime is not putting up with it.