Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Locations on ZM that should be made illegal to cade

1. Default Locations on ZM that should be made illegal to cade

I was told by Walter and Dart tonight that the wheel-barrel spot on roy_highway is now "common knowledge" to be off-limits, yet I can't find any place on the forums discussing this.

I don't understand why it would be off-limits, since zombies can move the objects inside out of the way through the walls, unlike red room on highschool. The spot itself can only handle 2-3 people at most and I've seen it broken quite a lot in the almost two years it's been on the server.

Can we get a consensus?
    Last edited by inthebutt; 01-21-2010 at 01:46 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    I was told by Walter and Dart tonight that the wheel-barrel spot on roy_highway is now "common knowledge" to be off-limits, yet I can't find any place on the forums discussing this.

I don't understand why it would be off-limits, since zombies can move the objects inside out of the way through the walls, unlike red room on highschool. The spot itself can only handle 2-3 people at most and I've seen it broken quite a lot in the almost two years it's been on the server.

Can we get a consensus?
    admins need to stop making up "off limit" spots on ZM maps.

if you guys can't behave I will come back into ZM and straighten all of you out.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

Mallissin, I believe you misunderstood.

It is not off-limits entirely; however, it's been accepted (to the best of my knowledge) by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis, that cading it is illegal.

Cading any spot with only 1 entrance which is impossible to break into is prohibited, just like the red room on Texas Highschool and the shelf room on snoopie.

Hope this clears up some misunderstandings.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post

if you guys can't behave I will come back into ZM and straighten all of you out.
    This.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    It is not off-limits entirely; however, it's been accepted (to the best of my knowledge) by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis, that cading it is illegal.

Cading any spot with only 1 entrance which is impossible to break into is prohibited, just like the red room on Texas Highschool and the shelf room on snoopie.
    I have never deemed that spot illegal. The only spot that I deem illegal is red room. Thats it. The wheel barrel spot is not like the red room cade where the wheel barrel requires that you shoot something into it. The red room you just shoot down a bookcase and boom your golden.

Cading spots with 1 entrance being prohibited is retarded. If you are able to make that cade then you deserve to be in it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    You guys really need to listen to ITB... this shit needs to stop.

Walter what if the regulars and admins got together and accepted that you shouldn't play ZM
    (I mean if it was a landslide vote by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis)...
    does this give them the right to ban you on site?

NO... Of course it wouldn't cause it would be a made up rule.

Only one place is an officially punishable spot and that's the red room on highschool.
    Last edited by Vladninja; 01-20-2010 at 03:29 AM.

7. Default

Some guy named "Macho Madness" was in there several rounds, Walter threw him to spec the first time and then Dart kicked him after she said he called her a "peice of shit" when he was on spec (but I don't think anyone else saw it). Here's his stat's page.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=59012

Anyway, he came back and got into an argument. Another guy went into the spot (Mike), Walter froze him and he went ballistic (but wasn't kicked or banned). Macho's argument quickly slipped into insults and was banned by Dart.

Then the admins got into a "I banned so'n'so for xxxxxx minutes" competition when I asked how long the guy was banned (but I never got an answer).

Anyway, if the original offense (the barricade) wasn't real, maybe the guy should be unbanned?

While that spot IS NOT illegal I have had trouble with macho madness before. Maybe he should wait his ban out.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Mallissin, I believe you misunderstood.

Hope this clears up some misunderstandings.
    I am with you on this, as far as I know most of the people who play on there "know" it is a really tough if not impossible spot, for the simple fact that once the wheelbarrow is in there it cannot be taken out by zombies. If we want to just forget the whole thing and have a perma fix, I can always just go in edit the map and fix it so that there is no wheelbaroow to begin with!!

10. Default

If you're going to go through the effort of modifying a map, why don't you fix the object physics issue as well so we can barricade other spots. Without the correct physics settings, zombies can jump through most objects.

It's what we call a glitch map, where barricades are worthless.

Once you figure it out, there are a few others waiting in line.