Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout routine?

1. Default Workout routine?

I'm curious to find if anyone works out... whats your workout routine? And Maybe some of us can adapt some new workout routines.

Mine right now is cardio treadmill running for 30 mins. Followed by some 15 lb bicep curls, 10-12 lb triceps, 15lb military bench press, 10 push ups, 25 crunches 3 sets each.

Sometimes I deviate from that and do chin ups + shrugs with 45lb weights to put some muscle on my neck as the Sergeant says lol.

Sometimes I'll do crunches on a machine so I can do them with 4.5 weights.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

Mix up your routine every 30 days to keep your body in shock. If you do that same routine weekly, eventually your body will just get used to it and it won't really do much of anything.

Sure, work out the same muscles of course, but do different exercises to work those muscles every 30 days. :-) Any athlete/trainer and their grandma will tell you that.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Mix up your routine every 30 days to keep your body in shock. If you do that same routine weekly, eventually your body will just get used to it and it won't really do much of anything.

Sure, work out the same muscles of course, but do different exercises to work those muscles every 30 days. :-) Any athlete/trainer and their grandma will tell you that.
    that's common sense when you do workout.

as for me, I like to lift every 3 days but each morning I jog for about 4 miles to keep the endurance up, I try to do cardio at least for 1 hour everyday and (I swear you idiots are gonna make fun of me for this) but I do some yoga once a week to keep flexible.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

I know this doesn't really help but in the summer I try to run 5ish miles a week and I try to mountain bike about 15miles. I know these sound like crap numbers but I have asthma and a heart murmur so I can't and won't over work myself. But I just try and ad enough to try and keep myself as fit as I can like I was in highschool.

@inthebutt - we have a wii fit and when I was using it my favorite thing to do was yoga, it was good for my breathing.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    that's common sense when you do workout.

as for me, I like to lift every 3 days but each morning I jog for about 4 miles to keep the endurance up, I try to do cardio at least for 1 hour everyday and (I swear you idiots are gonna make fun of me for this) but I do some yoga once a week to keep flexible.
    To most it is common sense. I have met many people at the gym that do the same thing all year long.

Anyway...Cardio is good, water cardio is the best.

Yoga, now THAT'S good. Surgeons swear by it as it is one of the best things you can do for your body to stay healthy and fit.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    To most it is common sense. I have met many people at the gym that do the same thing all year long.

Anyway...Cardio is good, water cardio is the best.

Yoga, now THAT'S good. Surgeons swear by it as it is one of the best things you can do for your body to stay healthy and fit.
    I do yoga cause yes it does help me with my breathing, since I do have asthma as well, but mainly because it lets me be flexible for paintball.

you have no idea how hard it is to be in those awkward positions on the paintball field, especially playing the snake.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

7. Default

Varied sets of lifting. My job keeps my endurance going so I don't worry about that.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Yeah. I'm stuck for now on weight. It fluctuates for now especially after dropping 17 pounds in a month and a half.

I also do lunges, squats, hip abductions, and leg presses. I'm gonna switch to bicycle for awhile to jump start my body again and run a mile only.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

I didn't even know they had bars that were 15 pounds.

Anywho:

30 pushups as a warmup
    50 crunches
    Bench press 3X3X10 (3 different weights, 3 times, 10 repetitions)
    Shrugs 3x20
    Wrist curls 3x20
    Power reps (Incline press 10 reps then curls 20 reps, rest for 30 seconds then do two more times)
    Reverse curls 3x10
    Leg kicks 3x20
    Wall sits 3x60 sec.
    45 lbs bench, 60 seconds as many repetitions as possible

Not much cardio except for skating, and I interchange those workouts every once in awhile.

10. Default

You can do military bench press with dumb bells... So technically it be 30lb total. 15 each.

มวยไทย