Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: nfl conference championship games

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    i would say something mean to you about dissing Favre, but then agian you're a girl and can't possibly comprehend football, so it's ok. you just keep cheering for the team with the pretty jerseys...
    Something I agree 100% with. Weird

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I'm curious to hear your elaboration on these statements.
    The helmet thing? It's proven. Helmet to helmet contact rattles on the head. It's why in the 70s hockey was played without helmets for awhile. It wasn't required. After helmets were required, you see more violent hits and teens/college/pro getting paralyzed or developing brain injuries and concussions are 10x worse, but you don't hear about it until an ex player comes out and says something. And don't get it confused with boxing, although Mohammad Ali should be proof enough wacks to the head turns your brain to mush.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

The patriots nor the saints were ever americas team. The patrots are low life cheaters that don't diserve a single ring they hover the past 8 years. The only team to ever be americas team were the cowboys. Other then that, don't be a moron and put the current events into sports entertainment.

4. Default

Ok so I fucked that last post up and I can't edit it because I'm on my phone. Forgive me. I ment to say " they don't diserve a single ring they have won over the past 8 years"

5. Default

i live in louisana... so im forced to say go saints or my head will be shot..... the soccer moms over here really don't take kindly to anyone not worshiping the saints.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    The patriots nor the saints were ever americas team. The patrots are low life cheaters that don't diserve a single ring they hover the past 8 years. The only team to ever be americas team were the cowboys. Other then that, don't be a moron and put the current events into sports entertainment.
    They were dubbed America's team that year. The underdog to the Rams. Underdogs always get the "darling" reputation. Secondly, I love how people use the "Spygate" scandal. They got caught with recorded stealing signs just like any other sport does. In softball and baseball the coaches job was to pick up on any signs the other team was throwing out. A-Fraud earned his hitting career by stealing signs. Except in this case, Mangina the guido decided to be a vindictive little troll (btw where is that little fag now) and cry because his Jets team was terrible.

Every team does it. Teams are allowed to tape warm ups before Super Bowls etc etc. That's what some of these NFL camera men are paid for. Except the Patriots and Belichick decided to be brazen about it. Other then that... I could careless.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

7. Default

there have been more injurys since the 70's because people have naturally gotten larger, faster, and stronger. in 1982 (around there) washington had the largest o-line in the history of football, at an average of 280 lbs. Now there are QB's who weigh that much.

saying that helmets cause more damage is just stupid, why do rugby players suffer 4 times more head and neck injurys? no helmets. most injurys arn't caused from you running into someone at full speed, its from hitting the back of your head off the ground/ice where most concussions come from.

also a helmet prevents your neck from bending the crunchy way.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    The helmet thing? It's proven. Helmet to helmet contact rattles on the head. It's why in the 70s hockey was played without helmets for awhile. It wasn't required. After helmets were required, you see more violent hits and teens/college/pro getting paralyzed or developing brain injuries and concussions are 10x worse, but you don't hear about it until an ex player comes out and says something. And don't get it confused with boxing, although Mohammad Ali should be proof enough wacks to the head turns your brain to mush.
    Proven where?

I would think that it is obvious that something to diffuse a blow to the head would help prevent injury.

http://www.injuryresearch.bc.ca/Publ...ct%20sheet.pdf

"Helmets and face shields are proven to significantly reduce head and face injuries..."

As someone who continues to play the sport of hockey, I trust the helmet to do its job (and the only injuries I have sustained are cuts to the face, lacerated spleen, and a knee injury) and I wouldn't play hockey without one.

Anyways on topic: I really haven't cared for football since the Pats lost in 2008. My home team (Lions) has never been good since I've been alive so I really couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Christmas; 01-25-2010 at 11:22 AM.

9. Default

Lots of people think the colts are going to shit on the saints. I think the colts will win, but it will be a decently close game.
    -MBP

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Proven where?

I would think that it is obvious that something to diffuse a blow to the head would help prevent injury.

http://www.injuryresearch.bc.ca/Publ...ct%20sheet.pdf

"Helmets and face shields are proven to significantly reduce head and face injuries..."

As someone who continues to play the sport of hockey, I trust the helmet to do its job (and the only injuries I have sustained are cuts to the face, lacerated spleen, and a knee injury) and I wouldn't play hockey without one.

Anyways on topic: I really haven't cared for football since the Pats lost in 2008. My home team (Lions) has never been good since I've been alive so I really couldn't care less.
    you live in Detroit? look, i'm waving at you right now! can you see me?