Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bind a name

1. Default Bind a name

Hey there all knowing ibis. I'm trying to bind a key to reset my player name. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but because there are special characters in my name, CS:S adds spaces after them. My bind current looks like:
    bind "F8" "name {US}Fireye"

... but because the command executed is name {US}Fireye, it adds spaces between the brackets. I've tried escaping an extra set of quotes around the {US}Fireye, but they don't work. Single quotes don't work either. Does anyone know how I could bind a key to do exactly:
    name "{US}Fireye"

2. Default

did u try doing it on WORD then copy and paste?
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

3. Default

Fireye, did you try including escape characters? Such as "\{US\}Fireye"? From my programming experience with ASCII escape codes, I think that might work...

DeadEyeDeNNi$ ... um...

4. Default

yeah, escape chars are probably your best bet
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Unfortunately, the usual backslash-escape was a no-go. It put a literal backslash in my name.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Unfortunately, the usual backslash-escape was a no-go. It put a literal backslash in my name.
    Well fuck Valve.

I guess find out what their escape sequence is.

7. Default

i've googled and i can't for the life of me find a way to do it.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

8. Default

Neither did I... Why can't you just input your name manually into the name field in "Options," Fireye?

It saves your name properly (without spaces) to cfg/config.cfg with some delimiter characters, of which I don't know the ASCII code.

9. Default

he want's to be able to change ir back on the fly

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    he want's to be able to change ir back on the fly
    As Mick Jagger said, you can't always get what you want