Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Codedy <ibis.a>

1. Default

I was called in to GG today to deal with this Codey person but I wasn't able to join because 21/21 slots were full (apparently the SRCDS didn't kick anyone for the reserve slot).

When I got in, I heard that he was being an ass the whole time, and trying to votekick people. Next time you see him, just type in status in the console and paste the line with his handle and Steam ID...

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    I was called in to GG today to deal with this Codey person but I wasn't able to join because 21/21 slots were full (apparently the SRCDS didn't kick anyone for the reserve slot).

When I got in, I heard that he was being an ass the whole time, and trying to votekick people. Next time you see him, just type in status in the console and paste the line with his handle and Steam ID...
    He was in GG with me just now.

He is NOT an admin and is badly repping the tag.

I too have gotten complaints about him.

Banned for one day for impersonation.

EDIT:

After many requests for him to remove the tag.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

3. Default

He just came in with the tag on. I gave him one warning to change his name, and he did.

23: STEAM_0:1:29313594 COD3DY <( O O )> <ibis.a> 0uJJiCDhzaffdG7qUr8iVtbq9cqtXNCeRFlahedfq5OBrS09X6 0XNA==

for the record

4. Default

this codedy guy must be retarded or something.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    He just came in with the tag on. I gave him one warning to change his name, and he did.

23: STEAM_0:1:29313594 COD3DY <( O O )> <ibis.a> 0uJJiCDhzaffdG7qUr8iVtbq9cqtXNCeRFlahedfq5OBrS09X6 0XNA==

for the record
    Good job.

Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

Can I just perma-ban this guy the next time I see him? He has done this multiple times now after 3+ admins have told him to change the name AND never do it again.

Hell...can one of yall clan members/ZERO just perma ban him via his ID?
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

no...
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

So we give 1-7 day bans for mic spammers but people who give IBIS a bad name by impersonating an admin and acting like they own the server doesn't justify for a worse punishment? After multiple warnings?

Sweet. Oh wait...

III. Perma bans
    This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.
    1) Violation of the following can result in perma ban without a demo. As long as there is substantial witnesses and physical log evidence
    I.1
    I.3
    II.1
    V.2.B.c
    IX.3

What does V.2.B.c say?

V. Glitching
    2) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of valve
    B) Name hacking
    c) When used to create the name of an admin or clan member

So technically we CAN perma-ban him the next time he does this. But what do I know, I'm just an admin.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 01-29-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

9. Default

perma ban no. 7-day yes.

lets face it, he's breaking server rules by impersonating an admin, he's ignoring admin's orders, he's a repeat offender, and he aint going to stop. maybe not 7 day, but at least a day. after a 1-day ban, if he comes back and still does it, then 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    perma ban no. 7-day yes.

lets face it, he's breaking server rules by impersonating an admin, he's ignoring admin's orders, he's a repeat offender, and he aint going to stop. maybe not 7 day, but at least a day. after a 1-day ban, if he comes back and still does it, then 7.
    he has come back and done it, multiple times. read my last post. in ZERO's eyes...perma-ban is a reasonable punishment for this. ESPECIALLY after many failed warnings and punishments.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]