Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin Only Section

1. Default

The topic has been discussed and shot down. Christmas has a lot of valid points.

Im not going to multi quote you like you did me but...

1. Clan member issue? I was talking about admin drama when admins start arguing, clan members start just deleting stuff. It doesn't look good when admins argue publicly on the forums...so an admin section would correct this. Think outside the box christmas.

2. I think that if a regular is bashing an admin, the problem would then need to be taken into the admin section only instead of debating/arguing for all eyes to see. Here the admins could discuss the problem with the admin in question and come up with a solution/punishment instead of a shit load of bashing on the forums. "you shouldn't have admin, you are a piece of shit, why are you here blah blah" It looks bad. You might like the kiddie drama here, but I don't.

3. Regarding clan member flaming, again...think a bit harder on my point. A lot of our admins don't get along and argue/flame in front of everyone and argue out in the open forums for everyone to see and join along in. If there was a private section, we could keep this contained in that section where our regulars could not see our issues and how fucked up our admin community is.

4. As for your opinion...This isn't a topic that should even get "bashed down". It is an IDEA that I think would better our community and help out, even in the smallest way. Why should that deserve negative comments? I know you love to try and argue but I don't need it in my thread. I don't need multi-quotes with you trying to prove a point against mine and others ideas.

I really don't care to argue with you christmas, so please stop posting in this thread.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    The topic has been discussed and shot down. Christmas has a lot of valid points.
    Shot down by whom? I just posted it today and b/c christmas says no, it is shot down? I mean yeah if it was discussed between ZERO and all other clan members somehow in the past few hours in a private section, then I can understand. But if not that...then how is it already shot down? Oh and Christmas's points are far from valid.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 01-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

4. Default

I like the idea of an admin only section. It really isn't appropriate to post in the admin help forum asking how to run a specific admin comand. Could also be used to note persons of interest, wrt hacking or suspected rule violations. The only downside, in my view, is that it segments some discussions away from the regular members.

5. Default

I can see Christmas' points; it would be more work for Zero when he already does a great deal managing the server-side of things. Re-uploading and fixing GG, something about hells-demon in WCS (wierd ass mofo's), and two more servers to upgrade and streamline are some of the examples on some of the things on his plate that I don't want to see postponed for an admin forums when he could just be working on that check list of his.

That being said, I must disagree with Christmas -- an admin forums would be a nice addition and a welcomed thing for discussing server rules and such before bringing something final to the community as a whole. Beyond this, we are essentially share holders in this server, and incidentally the community. Whereas the clan members provide the leadership within the community, admins provide a financial base without which the community would dissolve. This is not to mention we likewise provide a very important leadership role within the community as well. In many cases admins are better known than some of the IBIS members on the various servers from which a lot of the community comes from. Do we deserve something out of the way of the community as a whole? I would wager a yes; not a dividend from our contribution to the server but the ability to propose, discuss, and update server-side policy then bring it to the community as a whole as a more finished version.

In addition, we could have a spot where console command lists for the server, examples on demoing hackers, simple guides for new admins (what not to do, etc), and in general anything else that really has nothing to do with the community and tends to clutter the boards as is.

I think it's a solid idea.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

^^ I really like your take on things OMGbears. You definitely had a lot more points/ideas than I did, hahaha. I am going to edit your opinions into my first post.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

7. Default

Tragedy, this is a discussion forum, and if you want to make points without anyone going against you where you can stick your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" then go and write on a blog.

The community wouldn't function if every thread could only have comments that agree with the OP. That isn't what the community is about.

In short: If you can't take an opinion contrary to yours then fuck off.

Christmas, you just like to argue. None of the ideas presented would hurt the community at all and would most likely be very convenient to all admins and help us and the servers in the long run. I can take others opinions, but yours was just degrading to the entire idea like it would plague the forums and burn this place down. Now seriously, I do not wish to argue with you, so just stay out of this thread if can't control yourself. I want to stay on topic, and away from drama.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

9. Default

I don't think that Christmas is being unreasonable -- any good points against should be met by good points for. If it's a good enough idea, the pro's will outweigh the con's.

No worries, Tragedy, if the idea is solid it will develop.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Christmas, you just like to argue. None of the ideas presented would hurt the community at all and would most likely be very convenient to all admins and help us and the servers in the long run. I can take others opinions, but yours was just degrading to the entire idea like it would plague the forums and burn this place down. Now seriously, I do not wish to argue with you, so just stay out of this thread if can't control yourself. I want to stay on topic, and away from drama.
    There was no drama. I expressed why I really did not agree with this idea. It is not necessary and ZERO has enough to work on. Regulars SHOULD be involved in all discussions on the rules because a lot of regulars know more than a lot of the admins who are on right now.

Why stifle the regulars from having input on what goes on in the community just because they don't/can't pony up the money to be an admin?

The best benefit to the community would be allow all players a say and this asks for the exact opposite. There is no drama in any of those statements.

And do I like to argue? I like to DISCUSS ISSUES and if that comes off as argumentative then I am sorry. I am not going to stop discussing server issues (whether I agree with someone or not) because the community needs as much input as humanly possible for it to function to its highest potential.