Thread: Admin Only Section

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Admin Only Section

So I had an idea and was wondering if it could be made possible:

An Admin only section on the forums (clan members can come in to of course). An area where we can discuss topics, problems and present solutions to any issues that might be present at the time. Also, it can be an area where problem admins can be "spoken" to, to avoid massive flame wars and drama on the forums. I am going to update this post with peoples ideas so no one has to scroll through multiple posts:

OMGbears ideas: an admin forums would be a nice addition and a welcomed thing for discussing server rules and such before bringing something final to the community as a whole. Beyond this, we are essentially share holders in this server, and incidentally the community. Whereas the clan members provide the leadership within the community, admins provide a financial base without which the community would dissolve. This is not to mention we likewise provide a very important leadership role within the community as well. In many cases admins are better known than some of the IBIS members on the various servers from which a lot of the community comes from. Do we deserve something out of the way of the community as a whole? I would wager a yes; not a dividend from our contribution to the server but the ability to propose, discuss, and update server-side policy then bring it to the community as a whole as a more finished version. In addition, we could have a spot where console command lists for the server, examples on demoing hackers, simple guides for new admins (what not to do, etc), and in general anything else that really has nothing to do with the community and tends to clutter the boards as is.

Fireyes ideas: I like the idea of an admin only section. It really isn't appropriate to post in the admin help forum asking how to run a specific admin comand. Could also be used to note persons of interest, wrt hacking or suspected rule violations. The only downside, in my view, is that it segments some discussions away from the regular members.

Acolyte ideas: also, some way of differentiating admins from community on the forums as well. i know clanners have rank IBIS, but if you don't know the admins from in game you don't know who is one.

Bumpkins ideas: I, too, think this is a good, solid idea. It looks bad on the community as a whole when there is constant bickering between the people who have some sort of power within the server and the forums. Yeah, the regulars should be involved, but not with everything. when it comes to issues that they should be involved in, then the topic can be discussed within the public forums. But when not, it would be discussed within the admin private forum.

Anyway...post your opinions on this and hopefully if we get enough people that want it, ZERO will make it happen. If you don't like the idea, please keep your opinions to yourself. I would like to keep this thread positive.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 01-26-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]