Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashed when shooting

1. Default

I didn't install Catalyst at all. I went drivers only. Both from disc and when I updated the drivers. I tend to go minimalist when I install stuff.

2. Default

Gotcha. It would be good to first try and download the latest drivers only version to see if that helps anything. If not, then download the Catalyst pack from ATi and play around with Catalyst A.I.

3. Default

I've never experienced this issue, I'm running 2 ATI HD5750s in crossfire

4. Default

So I installed Catalyst AI, played with the settings. No dice. Didn't work. I'm trying to research the issue, but I am unable to pin down a resolution.

5. Default

your comp doesn't have switchable graphics does it? no, you're probablyon a desktop
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Okay, so after some exhaustive troubleshooting (all steps followed will be relayed) here is my results.

Zilch. Couldn't fix it. No clue what's going on.

Tried another WCS server, no flashing.
    Tried another server with Tracers/DMG mod (ZM server), no flashing.

Tried a different driver (Omega Drivers) and still got flashed.
    Have tried different races against different races. Flashed.
    Tried updating motherboard drivers. Flashed.
    Tweaked EVERY SINGLE setting in both game and ATI Control Panel. Flashed.
    Re-installed CS:S. Flashed.
    Re-downloaded all files for WCS. Flashed.

As far as I can tell, any damage that I cause, or receive triggers me being flashed. Even enviromental damage. Every bullet, grenade, etc.

Turned off all mods as far as I could tell that I had on the server, still got flashed.

I will relay any other information if I can find it. Is there anything you can do Zero? If so, ask any information and I will grab it for you.

7. Default

god hates you... sorry bud...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

8. Default

Eh, it's got to be something that happens between my card, WCS and possibly DMG mod/Tracers. So very, very difficult to pinpoint. That is why I am really hoping I could get Zero's help on this. Maybe it's just one stupid line of code.

Granted, I doubt anyone is going to pick through lines of code for me, but I'd be much appreciative. I wish I knew more code so I could do it. All I know is VB mostly.

9. Default

Don't know if this is related in any way shape or form, but when playing the dragonfly class, I get flashed whenever I use type chat, though not for shopmenu ect.

Example attached.

Update: Went through EVERY race, said something while alive and dead, only dragonfly flashed like that.

Also, another player, Arizona, has similar symptoms. He has been playing since Feb, and says that he has been flashed when shooting, and that it only occurs in this server.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 02-28-2010 at 02:24 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Eh, it's got to be something that happens between my card, WCS and possibly DMG mod/Tracers. So very, very difficult to pinpoint. That is why I am really hoping I could get Zero's help on this. Maybe it's just one stupid line of code.

Granted, I doubt anyone is going to pick through lines of code for me, but I'd be much appreciative. I wish I knew more code so I could do it. All I know is VB mostly.
    you ever get it sorted out?

Maynard - The WCS Guy