Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Flashed when shooting

1. Default

is there anyone who comes around often who can check this? seems like it would be incredibly simple to fix, and it's such a huge problem to me--there's hardly any race that doesn't have something that flashes you.

not only that, but it makes bind-to-use ultimates almost worthless to use. sure, you might freeze someone in place, but you've been mashing on the button for 5 seconds and you can barely see anything, especially not the lighter playermodels.

i really want to become a reserved member, but i just can't justify the expense when a. i have $0 money and b. shooting other people flashes me. <:C , i know.

2. Default

just wait for zero to get around to it. he's on vacation and away from the servers.

we have other servers too you know. zombie mod sucksass right now, until we can tweak the zombies a bit more, but gungame and pub work beautifully...except tonight. gg is down i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    just wait for zero to get around to it. he's on vacation and away from the servers.

we have other servers too you know. zombie mod sucksass right now, until we can tweak the zombies a bit more, but gungame and pub work beautifully...except tonight. gg is down i believe.
    aaaah, okay, thanks. i saw someone named zero in the wcs server, and assumed he was around.

problem is, i'm hopelessly addicted to wcsmod, so i'll just live on like this for now. =p

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m1rado View Post
    aaaah, okay, thanks. i saw someone named zero in the wcs server, and assumed he was around.

problem is, i'm hopelessly addicted to wcsmod, so i'll just live on like this for now. =p
    well, in game it's zer0<ibis>
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I have yet to have this problem even on clean installs on multiple computers but they were all on nvidia cards...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have yet to have this problem even on clean installs on multiple computers but they were all on nvidia cards...
    I run ATI 5000 series cards in crossfire and I've never had this problem.

7. Default

going to try the next oldest catalyst driver and a generic driver and see if that makes any difference.

i wonder, do any of you who do NOT get flashed have Windows 7?
    Last edited by m1rado; 03-22-2010 at 01:04 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m1rado View Post
    going to try the next oldest catalyst driver and a generic driver and see if that makes any difference.

i wonder, do any of you who do NOT get flashed have Windows 7?
    I am running Windows 7 64 bit

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A Baby Panda View Post
    I am running Windows 7 64 bit
    i guess it's just an issue with ATI cards in general... tried it with every catalyst version from 9.8 on, flashed every time. used the driver windows installs automatically (not sure which it is, it might have been a catalyst for all i know--i couldn't start catalyst control center to check), flashed.

if nothing else, i guess i can just move to nvidia when they drop the new chipsets, but that's hoping they manage to outdo the 5000 series.

10. Default

I feel like it has t o be unrelated to the video chipset because I've never experienced this problem.