Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashed when shooting

1. Default Flashed when shooting

Okay, so I looked around the forums to see if I could find a resolution. No dice.

What happens (and I will post demos later on) is when I shoot someone, the game flashes me (like being flashbanged) for about .5-1 second. It's not a HUGE issue if I kill them with a few shoots, but in extended firefights, I get destroyed due to the fact that if they move after my first volley of rounds, I cannot see.

I've heard other people (Blackmage's name comes to mind) saying they get this too. He blamed it on having a Radeon card (I own a ATI Radeon 3650 HD), but other people have contradicted this saying they get it with nVidia's.

Not sure what to make out of it, because I tend to not get it on other servers...

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm off to go demo this annoyance.

2. Default

Here is the demo. I replayed this demo along with the actual game under MANY different video settings and I get the flash EVERY SINGLE TIME.

3. Default

What happens for me is it goes dark, very strange indeed...

4. Default

What program can I use to view the .rar file? my comp doesn't have a default for it and windows media player wont play it.

5. Default

The going dark part is probably just him teleporting as human, I'm guessing.

Second, yes, I've had it before. I said I didn't know what it was I'll go find the video card model that it happened on. Later though, I need to sleep.

AmpeD: That's a variant on a Zip file, you need to unpack it with something like winRar, inside is the normal .dem file.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Okay, so I looked around the forums to see if I could find a resolution. No dice.

What happens (and I will post demos later on) is when I shoot someone, the game flashes me (like being flashbanged) for about .5-1 second. It's not a HUGE issue if I kill them with a few shoots, but in extended firefights, I get destroyed due to the fact that if they move after my first volley of rounds, I cannot see.

I've heard other people (Blackmage's name comes to mind) saying they get this too. He blamed it on having a Radeon card (I own a ATI Radeon 3650 HD), but other people have contradicted this saying they get it with nVidia's.

Not sure what to make out of it, because I tend to not get it on other servers...

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm off to go demo this annoyance.
    It is the ati card but nvidia cards do it some times i know cause i used too have ati card till i got my nvidia gtx 295

7. Default

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I hopped into WCS for the first time last night. Playing as a lv2 undead with vampiric whatever, my screen flashed really brightly every time I leeched some health by shooting someone. I know that ATi cards have issues with fog that nVidia ones don't:
    http://www.abload.de/image.php?%20img=screen2x3j.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/image.php?%20img=screen1ccsln8.jpg

The explanation from the AMD/ATi forums is:
    Its because newer cards dont have support for 16bit texture dithering so the textures are 16bit instead of a dithered 32bit. The game would need to be updated to 32bit textures and shaders to work correctly.
    One poster suggested that turning Catalyst A.I. on in the ATi config panel resolved the problem for them. Might be worth checking to see if that option impacts this bug for you, Xerxes.

8. Default

i loled when i saw the "texture not found" texture on the dust2 shot
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

I will try the Catalyst AI thing when I get home. Would I just download it from ATI.com or would I load it off the disc that came with the card?

10. Default

If you rightclick on your desktop, you should see a "ATi Catalyst Control Center" option. It'll be in there, under 3d settings.