Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Admin Question

1. Default

walter you put up a vote with 4 way tunnel as number one selection in the middle of a hectic round.

Do you honestly think people wanted to play that piece of shit map or that they accidentally selected it when they were switching between weapons during a firefight with the zombies.

Crim a few other things while I think of it.

When putting up a map vote try to make sure its right after people have gotten there guns and are heading out of spawn at the begining of the round before the zombie spawns.

That way they dont accidentaly select something they didn't want.

Or at the very least say MAP VOTE COMMING UP!!!!!! in admin chat so people know its coming.

there have been plenty of times when I selected a map by accident when I was switching between my pistol and p90 in the middle of the round and had no idea what I voted for.

also one other tip when making the map selection try to make look like this to prevent spamming

4. Map
    5. Map
    6. Extend 10 minutes
    7. Map

2. Default

Dont bring drama into this thread. i like to keep my work area drama free please. Internet is NOT srz bznz
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery, the times when we were happy

3. Default

I don't recall doing that Kavinsky. I usually wait until a good 2 minutes into the round before I call any votes.

If I did that, I truly apologize. You need to realize being an admin isn't always easy. So why don't you cut me some slack?

When I do votes, I follow this format:

Code:
    ma_votequestion "New map vote?" " " " " "Yes, cade" "Yes, escape"  "No"
    ... or ...

Code:
    ma_votequestion "Allow fast zombies?" " " " " "Yes" "No"

4. Default

sorry just trying to make a point.

5. Default

Thanks for the Tips Kav. I know how annoying it is when i try to switch guns and a vote happens to pop up, so frustrating

Every little tip helps. ive never used admin commands or anything like that. i Appreciate the feedback. im like a sponge. must soak....information....
    Last edited by inthebutt; 01-29-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: double posting
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery, the times when we were happy

6. Default

Walter. IBIS God. Amazing

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Walter. IBIS God. Amazing
    Holy shit... I just noticed!!! OMG! PARTAY DUDES!

Sup Apoc

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Holy shit... I just noticed!!! OMG! PARTAY DUDES!

Sup Apoc
    nm you? you remind me of superman in your pic

9. Default

superman?

nah. someone trying to look normal while holding in a fart?

yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    superman?

nah. someone trying to look normal while holding in a fart?

yeah
    agreed... the superman thing... no

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton