Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Admin Question

1. Default New Admin Question

Hey everyone. I just bought admin a few days ago. i was wondering when it gets turned on and how i tell that it is turned on.

Thanks,
    LoveCrim

NOTE: so i totally put this in the wrong thread. someone move it for meh please? <3
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery, the times when we were happy

2. Default

Zero has to enable your admin powers, and relies solely on how busy he is. Sometimes it can be up in a day, other times it takes a week. All I can tell you is that it'll be enabled!

Type "admin" into console or use "ma_admins" and if you get something back that says you don't have the permissions to use that command, then you don't have admin enabled. If it pops up with the admin menu (via "admin) or with a list of admins who are on at that time (via "ma_admins") then your admin has been enabled.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

3. Default

bind / admin

if it says not authorized, you dont have it yet, if a menu comes up, put on the ibis.a tag

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    bind / admin
    if a menu comes up, put on the ibis.a tag
    and wear it proudly. don't be a pain
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Havent been a pain for 2 years now. so i think im grood
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery, the times when we were happy

6. Default

3 things though, I'm not saying your going to do this but walter has done this and its fucking annoying

Don't bable boring dumbass things in admin chat
    like what do you think of such and so, what do you prefer to do bla bla

Don't slap yourself up to high spots to save time while everyone else got up there the hard way

and don't switch us over to shitty maps out of nowhere, disapear and leave us on it for 20 minutes when more than half the team has typed rtv in the first 30 seconds

7. Default

@ Kavinsky, no need to worry. I'm just mildly retarded, not completely ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    and wear it proudly. don't be a pain
    Unless you're going incognito for other reasons...
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

9. Default

I ask people what maps they want to play, and I put up effective votes.

You need to take the stick out of your ass and stop continuously berating me, you fat tub of lard!

10. Default

Just sayin' I'm thinking about making that a standard greeting for new admins who say hi in the forums.