Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Costco Security Guard, Feb/03/2010, 1pm EST

1. Default

:sigh: the great, benevolent, and ban-hating dog brother speaks

all listen in rapture

what ever happened to the dogbrother who declared to everyone that "he did not intend on banning people" and that he didnt really believe in banning seems like you sure support it now or is it that he wasnt banned by you thats probably it someone else banned him and you know you wont get in trouble so you support it of course because no admin has spoken up about this you are still suspect to the banning

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - Uprising
    via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Everyone deserves at least a second chance. If he has learned his lesson about letting his brother on Steam, then I don't see any reason not to unban him.

But that's if the admin who banned him doesn't come forth and explain things.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

@james: agreed. so far, the only non-sympathetic admin who's posted has been dog.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    @james: agreed. so far, the only non-sympathetic admin who's posted has been dog.
    Agreed here too, he needs to be given another chance.

He is obviously sorry and has learned his mistake, otherwise he never would have taken the time to post here.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by swear00 View Post
    Name in Game: Costco Security Guard
    Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:16009467
    Who banned you: not sure.
    When: 1 pm est
    Where: CS:S zombie Server|Psychostats; 208.43.70.234:27015
    Why banned: my brother was screwing around with my account and got banned from several servers that I used to play often. I'm not sure how I got banned

Other/Reason to unban: I'll be appreciated if you can come up with brief explanation of how I got banned, will promise that it will never happen again(means no share account with others). Thanks.
    He blames his brother for getting him banned. Instead of apologizing for the trouble he inadvertently caused by giving his brother access to his account. This is his fault, and he blames it on a third party unknown to us. It's sketchy at best. I see these kinds of excuses all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by swear00 View Post
    so that means i get unbanned now?

I tried to join but im still banned
    And this? I'd keep the ban up until it runs out for this alone. He hasn't even apologized yet, merely asked to be unbanned. Giving some flimsy promise of it not occurring again is not enough.

Keep the fucking ban in place until it runs out, or at the very least, if it's permanent, set it to a week, or a month, so they can feel the consequences of burdening us with this sort of shit.

Let's face it, folks. You can get quite a bit done by simply talking to someone about their behavior. In this case, he's made a half-assed attempt at asking to be unbanned. Furthermore, he hasn't even apologized. I would love to talk to him about it, but so far he's made no real attempt at doing so.

What do you when someone ignores all attempts at getting them to stop? What do you do when they evade being muted by rejoining the server, and when they refuse to stop the behavior that's disrupting the server? Do you hold their hand, and let them talk about their daddy problems that led them down this path, or do you ban them for however long?

Bans like this are why I want every admin to record a demo of a player being disruptive prior to removing them from the server. It's more work, but that way, we don't run into shit like this thread, with no goddamn record of why it happened. All we know is that an admin banned them, and that their Steam ID was the one used to cause the disruption they themselves admitted to, or blamed on their brother.

And you fine ladies and gentlemen harp on me for wanting an honest apology, and some sort of consequence for disrupting the server? The moment you see me ban someone, you can bet there will be a thread posted in the Bans forum, along with a demo of the disruption.

At any rate, I do hope we're waiting on ZERO's thoughts before we take any action regarding this fine person.
    Last edited by Dog Brother #1; 02-09-2010 at 06:29 AM.

6. Default

I'm with Dog Brother #1 on this

He's good a very good point.

7. Default

I would have to agree and disagree with dog. It could be a family computer and a family copy of the game (Why pay for the same game twice) and his brother has access to it when he wants and so does him. We just need to keep a close eye on this person but I do think second chances should be given.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

8. Default

i was hoping dog would blow up again because of my lack of puntuation

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I would have to agree and disagree with dog. It could be a family computer and a family copy of the game (Why pay for the same game twice) and his brother has access to it when he wants and so does him. We just need to keep a close eye on this person but I do think second chances should be given.
    Why banned: my brother was screwing around with my account
    He stated that it was his account. Please refer to my old post for my feelings on this matter.

10. Default

Closed until Zero decides what to do in this matter.