Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 03-February-2010

1. Default 03-February-2010

Ingame Name: Illegal Ill Deagle
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15475404

Banned at 3:35 PM
    Where: Zombie Server.
    Why? Because walter wanted me to change my class. I was not reading my chats and i read it once but didnt know he was talkin to me. I got banned and kicked and realised he was telling me to change my class. I play on this server everyday and quite a few people know me on there. I thought it was impolite for someone to take out their stresses on me. I didnt realise he was telling me to change my class but a simple kick with a reason would have helped and i would have returned and changed my class.

I wasnt aware that certain classes were not allowed on the server.

2. Default

also, i dont cheat, i obey rules, i behave myself, i dont mouth off other people and generally im very quiet when I play. As far as I know, I am the kinda player you would want in your server so we could have a few good games. kick and ban over a class? cmon now....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Legal_deagle View Post
    I was not reading my chats and i read it once but didnt know he was talkin to me.
    You gotta pay attention bud. In a game with 40 players, I'm not going to address everyone individually.

If I say "NO FAST ZOMBIES" and you're a fast zombie, deductive reasoning says that address is being directed at you. Use your head.

I'm not getting paid to do this.

The map has changed, and you should be unbanned.

4. Default

Alright thank you bro. I really just come in to play a few games and leave. Sometimes i dont wanna read i just play. Next time if i break a rule pls just kick me with reason i wont take it personal.

5. Default

Sure thing. It's not personal at all. It would just make my "job" easier if you followed instructions.

Takes me 2 seconds to glance over the chat console. I also spew messages on the left-hand side of the screen -- you can't miss it.

It's like checking your rear view mirror when driving -- it's painless, takes a second, and can save your life.
    _____

To make changing classes easier, just bind a key to "!zmenu". I have "u" bound:

Code:
    bind "u" "say !zmenu"
    You can also create a toggle key. For instance, if you normally have "u" bound to "messagemode2" and only want to use it on Zombie Mod to output "!zmenu," you could do:

Code:
    alias zmenu enable_zmenu
    alias enable_zmenu "bind u say !zmenu; alias zmenu disable_zmenu; "
    alias disable_zmenu "bind u messagemode2; alias zmenu enable_zmenu; "

bind ";" "zmenu; "
    Save that file to ..\cstrike\cfg\zmenu.cfg then put "exec zmenu.cfg" in ..\cstrike\cfg\autoexec.cfg to have it load automatically.

Then to toggle "u" between "say !zmenu" and "messagemode2" just hit ";".
    Last edited by walterbrunswick; 02-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.

6. Default

i use "k", but because of the fucked up workings in my computer, if i click my mousewheel to the left it does the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i use "k", but because of the fucked up workings in my computer, if i click my mousewheel to the left it does the same thing
    lolol.

I just change my classes between a deformed and jumper...depending on the map.

But I agree with Walter, us admins can't baby sit individuals.

If we say something that is addressing the entire server, it needs to be heeded...

The big white chat helps, Walter.

It may not stay on long, but it stays long enough for someone to read it.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

Do not BAN them for being fast, freeze or kick but you should not ban them for it.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    Do not BAN them for being fast, freeze or kick but you should not ban them for it.
    If they acknowledge you and refuse to comply, then yes, a ban is appropriate.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    If they acknowledge you and refuse to comply, then yes, a ban is appropriate.
    no you can not ban for being a certain class on a map.

we've already gone over this issue.

do not ban people for having a certain class on a certain map

kick them or freeze them like mastagunz said.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-