Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cuddly Bear

1. Default Cuddly Bear

I'm posting this to see how the community feels about permanently banning Cuddly Bear from the IBIS GunGame server. I feel hesitant to ban her, because that's not really how I like to use administrative responsibilities, but it's come down to this.

I've tried talking to her, asking her to take it down a notch. I've banned her for 5 minutes, and for 30 minutes, and I've muted her, only to have her quit and rejoin the server. Walter has also banned her once, and I'm not sure why a light hasn't gone on in that head of hers. I'd love to have another member of the community to get to know. That's why I joined IBIS in the first place.

I'm looking for your input on this matter. I'm going to give her another shot, and if she fucks it up, I'm going to permanently ban her, after posting the demo in this thread.

Here's a link provided unofficially by Walter. This is the kind of behavior that we get out of Cuddly Bear.

http://www.walterbrunswick.com/csdemos/wtflol.dem

If she hasn't broken a rule which calls for a perma ban, do not do it.

Otherwise it's your head on the platform.

So go ahead and ban her.

Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post

Otherwise it's your head on the platform.

So go ahead and ban her.

I feel that repeatedly mic spamming, and rejoining the server to avoid mute are reason enough to ban her. Instead of regurgitating what you read elsewhere, how about you get over that short attention span of yours and watch the demo that I posted until the end? That way you can form this thing called an opinion, and effectively contribute.

You may even feel good about it when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Brother #1 View Post
    I feel that repeatedly mic spamming, and rejoining the server to avoid mute are reason enough to ban her. Instead of regurgitating what you read elsewhere, how about you get over that short attention span of yours and watch the demo that I posted until the end? That way you can form this thing called an opinion, and effectively contribute.

You may even feel good about it when you're done.
    I only have a short attention span for morons...sorry that you fall into that category.

At any rate, I've seen that demo.

If she's avoiding a mute, then ban for one hour and go from there.

Be a man for once.

But mic spamming does not constitute a permaban.

It never will.

And if it did, you would have been perma banned already.

You're being a hypocrite here, sir.

So just do your job as an admin, and you may end up feeling good about it in the end.

EDIT:

Whoa, I'm tired.

So many sentence fragments with no direction, wtffzzz
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

5. Default

Jesus, you are one clueless moron. She's been caught mic spamming more than once. She's rejoined the server to avoid mute. I've already banned her for up to 30 minutes. She's not listening whatsoever. It's a pretty big deal when two admin, not just myself, have banned her.

Please, go bother someone else for attention, and keep this thread on topic.

6. Default

I don't think I ever banned her...

Only times I played with her is during the night of that demo, and I didn't ban her then.

7. Default

I'm looking for your input on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    Please, go bother someone else for attention, and keep this thread on topic.

I don't know how clear of input you want other than someone to confirm your wanting to perma ban this person.

If they haven't broken a rule that warrants a perma ban, don't perma ban them.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

8. Default

That motivational picture certainly didn't break the fourth wall. I'm ashamed of you for using Deadpool in such a haphazard manner.

I've tried talking to her, asking her to take it down a notch. I've banned her for 5 minutes, and for 30 minutes, and I've muted her, only to have her quit and rejoin the server.

At any rate, she is a constant nuisance, as she's often on late at night, which is usually when I'm on. Were this not occurring almost every day, I would take less harsh action.

9. Default

each time she mute evades, increase the ban time. not to exceed 7 days..

ie she mute evades- ban for 7 days...

after 2 or 3 times i bet he/she will get the point...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

10. Default

Thanks for the suggestion, RapeDollars. Just as effective. I'll do that instead of permanently banning her.
    Last edited by Dog Brother #1; 02-04-2010 at 03:16 AM.