Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Oonyx - 1 day ban

1. Default

as much as i can't stand oonyx, he is right about the reconnecting thing. the servers have 21 (43 for zm) slots, but at any one time there are only 20 (42 for zm) people playing. that's because the last slot is automatically kicked...at all times. so basically, when someone tries to join, they'll "join" and then be automatically kicked before they actually are "in". People are actually "in" once you see the line from steambans.com and the info about their steamID.

players in game watching chat will see "so-and-so has joined the game" and will see that each time the person tries to join.

so yes, oonyx is right that he probably was joining late. HOWEVEr, i find that it is common courtesy to announce to the ct's in game (once you join late and are in spec) that you joined late and intend to !zspawn. normally, they'll say there's no problem with it. but don't do it if there isn't much time left, or there are only a few cts left.

edit: this isn't even talking about the reserved slot. nobody w/ a reserved slot will ever fill that 21st (or 43rd) slot. it's only there to kick people from.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

@DrTran: No, I've never seen any messages about reserved slots being shown to active players other than the person who's being automatically kicked. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the console does not show it to administrators either. I can assure you, however, that I was simply reconnecting due to the reserved slots. With that, please reconsider the ban. Thanks.
    Last edited by Oonyx; 02-05-2010 at 12:48 AM.

3. Default

I'm not sure if I have the ability to unban; I know my admin is limited. I'll find someone who can if I can't.

In the future though lay off rejoining just so you can spawn as a zombie. You may not have not done it on purpose when I banned you but you did before.

4. Default

Actually to correct you, aco, an extra slot is allocated for SourceTV in ZM and GG (don't know about PUB or WCS).

That means that there can only be 19 actual players in GG 19/21 (SourceTV is #20), and 41/43 in ZM (SourceTV is #42).

Anyway, I have a more important question...

5. Default

SourceTV takes an invisible slot and does not take an actual slot. ZM and GG has reached it's full potential of 21 and 43 many times with SourceTV. It does not show in your console that someone was kicked for reserve slot, only the person who it kicked. I guess this is the faulty of adding rules where morons can be ban happy.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    SourceTV takes an invisible slot and does not take an actual slot. ZM and GG has reached it's full potential of 21 and 43 many times with SourceTV. It does not show in your console that someone was kicked for reserve slot, only the person who it kicked. I guess this is the faulty of adding rules where morons can be ban happy.
    SourceTV is indeed allocated a spot.

And yes it does include in the message that someone was kicked for a reserve slot.

Can I ask you... are you acting this stupid just for kicks?

7. Default

Right, one ban makes me ban happy....

8. Default

Has nothing to do with the source tv bot as it uses an invisible slot. ???

This comes from Zero. So....... not sure where I would be careful as to count the eggs coming from your ovaries walter.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Has nothing to do with the source tv bot as it uses an invisible slot. ???

This comes from Zero. So....... not sure where I would be careful as to count the eggs coming from your ovaries walter.
    Based on 'View Info' of the server.

I cannot join with 21/21 players, and SourceTV is listed as a player.

So, unless you believe everything you read (which you probably do), SourceTV is NOT in an "invisible" slot. Nor are any of the other bots that occupy the slots in the GG server or the ZM server.

EDIT: loka just stick to your Army PT...

I would join as a Marine in OccFld 11 but due to fucking limitations on "security," that is not feasible for me now.

In any case, leave the investigative work to the pros.

10. Default

FYI i don't really care. You don't need to post bans unless its a perma. It creates stupid posts like mine where I want to cause grief to those who take it so personally.

มวยไทย