Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 11.6" Alienware!

1. Default

Gaming on a laptop is ridiculous. I cannot imagine what use I'd have with it. If I didn't have so many bills to pay, I would almost certainly build a new desktop now that worries over my living situation are settled. Had to move back in with the parents since my work cut my hours.

This laptop may be good for trips, especially if you're traveling often, but I cannot see actually being so dependent on battery life that I need to buy a laptop with an 11.6" screen.

2. Default

that would be a great investment zero.

i wish i had the money for an alienware laptop now. ive been going back to the website from time to time and building custom laptops for no reason since i will never buy one soon.

and i hate the fact that they were bought out too.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

3. Default

Logically I am not actually trying to play a bunch of games on it. The main point is to have something nice that will last a long time and can run cs:s so that I can still get in the servers if needed on vacation. I have been using the same Alienware laptop since the Pentium 4 came out. It weighs about 15lbs and along with all the extra equipment I need for it to work like external hard drives ect I am caught carrying a bag so heavy that I must stop every 10min to repair the straps becuase the metal brace that holds them together can not stand the weight. This results in my carrying it from the bottom while running though the airport and especially on long international terminals this is a pain I have tolerated for years. Really it could be 15" for all I care but what I really wanted was something powerful that was <5lbs and this is it! As for battery life I really just want something that can last for 4hours so I need to get a laptop with 8hour life b/c the battery will only be 50% effective for most of the lifetime of the computer. The other thing is that becuase I will really only ever use it on trips there is no point in getting anything bigger than this. In fact b/c it is so small I might find more uses for it like taking it so school so I can use it there. Also the smaller size makes it easy to take with me on a horse if needed or down to the bar for some drinks while I check the server stats. In addition the size and battery life make it reasonable to use on a plain where although I have watched videos on my phone I have found that looking at such a small screen at a close distance for 1.5 hours leads to double vision for 20min afterword and that was not a pleasant experience...

4. Default

wait, on a horse?

----------------~~who is Steve K.?
    Now playing: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
    via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    THANK YOU GOD! Now if you could just have $1000 fall from the sky that would be great, k thanks!
    http://www.alienware.com

I am going to try to order one of these asap so that I can have a new computer to use when I go on vacation next month. This will really make working on the server a breeze and with a laptop this portable and powerful it will be much easier for me to always be in touch with the servers and website anywhere on earth!
    Personally I have always found Hypersonic to be a better product, especially now that Dell owns Alienware. (I realize that they "stayed the same" but I'm sure that Dell has their hands in it somewhere or they wouldn't buy it)

I had my option of either and I bought Hypersonic.

Check them out... They usually have something for everyone.

http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/custom-...notebooks.html
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

i use a fucking sweet lenovo t500 thinkpad. this sucker has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 gpu. Yeah, it is a brick, but that's fine w/ me. it's solid and won't break.

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - Uprising
    via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Also the smaller size makes it easy to take with me on a horse if needed...
    Wait.. what? I suppose thinking of each and every benefit of a smaller laptop is a good thing. However, as a result, from now on any time that we're talking on steam I'll be wondering if you're riding a horse.

That's just great!
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

8. Default

Well logically it has negatives but those do not matter in a device that I am only going to use on the go. That is why I am interested in the 11.6 and not the 15" like my sister who only has a laptop for a gaming computer and that is it. Also I probably will not be using it when on a horse but I have checked the servers using my dads netbook on top of a mountain at the end of a horseback ride to the top. Also in reality if I was to try to play games on a laptop it would be rts or something that does not always need internet anyways. IE SCII and I am sure that this can run SCII better than any netbook coming out in the next year.

Also just found out I get a 10% off student discount!

Review: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews.php?reviewid=924
    Last edited by ZERO; 02-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.

9. Default

Ordered, look forward to a review in a few months!

10. Default

made myself a nice 5 thousand dollar laptop.... now I just need the 5k so I can order it Lol

Maynard - The WCS Guy