Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I slay AFK people?

1. Default Can I slay AFK people?

I always see people AFK in the spawn areas and I was wondering if it is a bad thing for me to slay them because, in particular, when i play zombie mod, people stay afk in spawn and then the zombies go and turn them into zombies then the ct's go and kill them. This can eventually rack up in scores, but I was just wondering, being a new admin and all. I was also wondering what the code is (if there is one) that lets me talk to only the other admins on the server. Thanks for all of the help and I look forward to seeing you in game!

Pwnage

2. Default

Whatever turns you on buddy.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pwnage View Post
    I always see people AFK in the spawn areas and I was wondering if it is a bad thing for me to slay them because, in particular, when i play zombie mod, people stay afk in spawn and then the zombies go and turn them into zombies then the ct's go and kill them. This can eventually rack up in scores, but I was just wondering, being a new admin and all. I was also wondering what the code is (if there is one) that lets me talk to only the other admins on the server. Thanks for all of the help and I look forward to seeing you in game!

Pwnage
    Is this specifically in zmod? Unless something has changed, the slay command doesn't kill them in zmod. We have had a big update which may have changed that. By-in-large what I do is move them to spectate rather than slay (even for gun game, where the slay command works). This means it doesn't count as a death for them, which is a good thing. If the server is full then I usually kick afk'rs.

To talk in admin only chat -- press u for team speak, then type @ then whatever you want to say.

@ bad example goes here
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

4. Default

I just leave them alone unless the server is full. Free kills for the lucky zombies and if the cts have the balls to go kill the afk and not run into another zombie then good for them.

5. Default

From experience, the best bet would be to kick them, so that someone else can play a bit too.

6. Default

put them in spec. majority of the time, people just went 2 grab a drink or use the bathroom. if server fills up, then boot the spec

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

@bears, i believe slay will work now. i never used to be able to use console kill, but now we updated i can.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pwnage View Post

Pwnage
    I just usually move them to spectate as some just are on a bio break and get pissed if u ruin there score etc...
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

9. Default

If they're the last people alive in GunGame on their team, you need to slay them, or wait for the other team to kill them. If you swap them to spec, you have to wait for the round to finish.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    If they're the last people alive in GunGame on their team, you need to slay them, or wait for the other team to kill them. If you swap them to spec, you have to wait for the round to finish.
    I know Fire, I was just responding to the slay thing as a way to resolve the issues which I thought was wrong regardless of the server.

As far as taking it further, as you did, yes I concur.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>