Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice...

1. Default

Time and occupying that time, it really is the only way. Also, sleep... getting consistent decent nights worth of sleep will help to.. trust me.

So take some OT at work, or really start focusing in on a hobby or start re-arranging or re-decorating a room in the house or something.
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    ^ and time. i still find myself thinking about my highschool girlfriend even though that stuff was about five years ago.
    Time.

I still keep thinking about that (European) college girl I've had a few encounters with, but was too big of a chicken to ask out.

Still hurts to this day... almost a year after the fact...

^ and time. i still find myself thinking about my highschool girlfriend even though that stuff was about five years ago.
    I know what you mean...
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ImGonnaGetCha View Post
    I do but it just doesn't help, i just always wind up thinking about it no matter what. what do you guys do to get over something, thats all i want to know
    Honestly You'll always remember these things that happen, its part of life all you can do is learn to live with it and move on. My High school sweetheart got married a year after we broke up. I think about her all the time but I don't let it consume me anymore.

It just takes time. Everything that hurts, hurts for a while, they always get better if you let them tho :P

I know its not what your looking for, but there's no quick fix for it. When you care so much in the first place letting go is the hard part.
    Last edited by KaMiKaZi_NiNjA; 02-20-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Default

how close and how long were you together with this person? if it was more then 2 years it will take a year to get over them. You will miss them etc for one year and then things will look up.

If its a pet you will never get over them I know ;(

But things will look up and over time they will be forgotten and you will move on.

Anywho thats my two cents

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    how close and how long were you together with this person? if it was more then 2 years it will take a year to get over them. You will miss them etc for one year and then things will look up.
    i was with a girl for six months and i still think about her almost five years after.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post

If its a pet you will never get over them I know ;(

Clone
    Pets are the worse
    These are the words you wish you wrote down.

i was with a girl for six months and i still think about her almost five years after.
    Yeah, I was with a guy for 3.5 years and it took about twice that amount of time to move on. It just varies.

And then I realized, Hey, maybe a kid who memorizes 100 digits of pi isn't all that cool.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ImGonnaGetCha View Post
    What's the best way to get over someone or something? Me I probably tried just about everything and nothing ever seems to work... It sux.
    try some 9mm aspirin.

10. Default

All instances are different as are the people that go through any ordeal. Emotions, will, strength, mental and physical stamina all come into play and are different chemistry in each of us.

Within two years I lost a son, father, and uncle. Prior to that I lost a wife.

The things that saved me were keeping occupied mentally and physically to tire out both the mind and the body. Online gaming was a big part of that equation, along with alcohol, work, work, and work, then rinse and repeat.

Although the major loss (my 19 year old son) will never ever pass, time is an element that seems like it may eventually have an affect.

Some people go to therapists, priests, or other confidants that are in a profession to help.

Crying helps too no matter how macho you think you may be, let it out because if you keep it in it gets worse.

Anyway, that's what I have to offer. God knows that I've been up and down the road of sorrow many times.

Good luck
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>