I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

2. Default

Apple is mad because they put so much time and money into their precious "iPhone" that they don't want another phone coming along and dominating the market. Way to go apple. Can't compete so you sue.

Patents Apple is suing for:

* Patent No. 7,362,331: “Time-Based, Non-Constant Translation Of User Interface Objects Between States”
    * Patent No. 7,479,949: “Touch Screen Device, Method, And Graphical User Interface For Determining Commands By Applying Heuristics”
    * Patent No. 7,657,849: “Unlocking A Device By Performing Gestures On An Unlock Image”
    * Patent No. 7,469,381: “List Scrolling And Document Translation, Scaling, And Rotation On A Touch-Screen Display”
    * Patent No. 5,920,726: “System And Method For Managing Power Conditions Within A Digital Camera Device.”
    * Patent No. 7,633,076: “Automated Response To And Sensing Of User Activity In Portable Devices”
    * Patent No. 5,848,105: “GMSK Signal Processors For Improved Communications Capacity And Quality”
    * Patent No. 7,383,453: “Conserving Power By Reducing Voltage Supplied To An Instruction-Processing Portion Of A Processor”
    * Patent No. 5,455,599: “Object-Oriented Graphic System”
    * Patent No. 6,424,354: “Object-Oriented Event Notification System With Listener Registration Of Both Interests And Methods”

Glad I never bought their fucken phone.

I am happy with my HelloMoto

3. Default

Except that multi touch was being made by Microsoft first way before the ipod color was even invented... for use on the coffee table project.

“Object-Oriented Graphic System” Man maybe they should sue everyone. The real problem is that patents for such stupid things should not be given out in the first place. You should be allowed to patent an exact technology not vag general ideas. I mean really I could sit around all day patenting every idea I come up with and just troll for someone to come up with the same idea along with a way to make it b/c while I have no idea how to make it who cares b/c I own the idea.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Except that multi touch was being made by Microsoft first way before the ipod color was even invented... for use on the coffee table project.

“Object-Oriented Graphic System” Man maybe they should sue everyone. The real problem is that patents for such stupid things should not be given out in the first place. You should be allowed to patent an exact technology not vag general ideas. I mean really I could sit around all day patenting every idea I come up with and just troll for someone to come up with the same idea along with a way to make it b/c while I have no idea how to make it who cares b/c I own the idea.
    They bought that patent from xyrox or however its spelled (copying company).
    They didnt see the GUI (graphical user interfaces) selling that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

What your thinking of is the mouse and that patent is void.

Take another example: Automated Response To And Sensing Of User Activity In Portable Devices
    every portable device has this feature even the first cellphone ever made, how you ask. Well even the first phone turned on and off when you told it to "automated response" it also placed called when you hit buttons thus preforming an automated response to activity from the user! Many other devices do things like dim the screen or time out like old pda phones ect. So I hope they expand to sue every mobile product ever made.

Also trying to patent the use of Heuristics to preform anything is like trying to say you can patent the use of addition for the purposes of accounting.
    Last edited by ZERO; 03-03-2010 at 01:31 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What your thinking of is the mouse and that patent is void.
    No no I mean the GUI. Graphical user interface.
    Apple got that from xerox.
    And yes The patent is void.

7. Default

notice how they avoided suing google.

that would have been suicide for apple. instead, they sued htc. however, google has quite a large inflence w/ htc atm. and most if not all the patents in question refer to the os of the phone, not the phones themselves. thus i'm hoping google will step in and make the suit apple vs. google.

basically, apple is fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

If Apple sued google then Apple would get fucked up.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

9. Default

The case may be thrown out b/c they filled against the wrong company. This would be like if I invented the lighting rod and some guy made some and sold it to a company who used it to build a tall building and then I sued the company who made the building for what exactly? They did not make the lighting rod they just bought it...

10. Default

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/ap...s-need-to-stop

see GUIs even though I was thinking about them in the wrong context