Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pwnage abusing player mute

1. Default pwnage abusing player mute

Admin ingame: pwnage ibis.a
    Player ingame: THE*IRONLUNG

Abuse:
    The admin muted me two times after no warning. The only warning if any I heard was a joking comment by mic of "relax iron, don't be so bitchy". This was after I had complained of the mic spammers all talking at once about drugging and other nonsense. After the first muting, I asked what had happened and received no response. On the next map, it happened again after no warning by text or mic. This was after I complained about cade breakers. Once again after relogging, I asked and finally the admin responded with the accusation that I was spamming and yelling over and over. I follow the rules more than most vets. I never spam. I wish I had admin privleges to mute people myself especially when I don't have a mic and have to put up with the people who do. If yelling is typing in caps, then I'm guilty of that. If using curse words in anger of cade breaking is against rules, then I'm guilty of that too. But, I was not spamming, not warned properly, and muted two times while others with mics were way more intrusive, cursing, and "yelling" literally. But, me complaining by chatted text is worth muting?

I would like attention to be drawn to this occurence because I consider myself a rule following player that was not warned properly and not explained the reason of my muting until way after the fact. If I was SERIOUSLY and properly warned for whatever I was doing, which is still unclear to me, I would of stopped with no contest.

Please do not abuse your power. Very disappointed in IBIS.

Date of occurence: February 22, 2010, 1:00 p.m.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE*IRONLUNG View Post

Very disappointed in IBIS.

Hmm, why are you disappointed in IBIS? He is not IBIS, he is an admin on the server with IBIS.A tag so people know hes an admin on the server. You shouldn't be disappointed in the whole clan. Sorry this is kinda not about the abuse but I am sure someone will look into it.

3. Default

did you get banned? or just muted?

if muted, get over it.

if banned, did you log out and log back in so you could talk again?

if so, banning was legit.

if not, u got muted. /wrists...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

4. Default

Abuse:
    The admin muted me two times after no warning. The only warning if any I heard was a joking comment by mic of "relax iron, don't be so bitchy". This was after I had complained of the mic spammers all talking at once about drugging and other nonsense. After the first muting, I asked what had happened and received no response. On the next map, it happened again after no warning by text or mic. This was after I complained about cade breakers. Once again after relogging, I asked and finally the admin responded with the accusation that I was spamming and yelling over and over. I follow the rules more than most vets. I never spam. I wish I had admin privleges to mute people myself especially when I don't have a mic and have to put up with the people who do. If yelling is typing in caps, then I'm guilty of that. If using curse words in anger of cade breaking is against rules, then I'm guilty of that too. But, I was not spamming, not warned properly, and muted two times while others with mics were way more intrusive, cursing, and "yelling" literally. But, me complaining by chatted text is worth muting?

I would like attention to be drawn to this occurence because I consider myself a rule following player that was not warned properly and not explained the reason of my muting until way after the fact. If I was SERIOUSLY and properly warned for whatever I was doing, which is still unclear to me, I would of stopped with no contest.

Please do not abuse your power. Very disappointed in IBIS.

I muted you because you were swearing at individuals (including myself) after I had already warned them about cade breaking and I had warned you several times both verbally and in text form that you need to chill. I am sorry if I am not constantly able to reply to your questions when I am the only admin on and there are several people who I am trying to deal with and watch others to make sure that you don't yell at them any more to disrupt game play. The rules very clearly state the profanity used towards other people, especially admins should not, and frankly will not, be tolerated.

C) Flipping out at an admin after being told to
    a) Cursing
    b) Screaming into mic
    c) Ranting about how the admin, ect is gay ect.

1) Yelling into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play

Things in bold are what I saw you doing. You were also logging in and out to avoid the muting punishment, and I didn't even ban you for doing that, which I should have and definitely will next time if this happens again.
    "Once again after relogging, I asked and finally the admin responded with the accusation that I was spamming and yelling over and over"

So overall, I did in fact properly warn you many times, and you decided to ignore the warnings so I had to take proper action.

5. Default

for the record, that rule applies only to admins. i curse at people who break my cades and other dumbasses plenty. makes me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    for the record, that rule applies only to admins. i curse at people who break my cades and other dumbasses plenty. makes me feel better
    just to clear things up, I am assuming that by rule you mean cursing, correct?

and yes I know i really don't care about cursing, just when it's used to insult others for really no reason

7. Default

I did not start this thread to start a back and forth argument. I started it to bring attention to and enter a complaint about what was done. After talking to pwnage, it seems that somehow my handle was mixed up with others that were spamming. I am wondering if somehow someone was using my handle to pop up when things were said so that they would not be kicked. Because, I do not use the word "gay" and do not spam. Anyone who has played with me in the last few months can vouch for me that I have never used a mic and i'm quick to tell people who abuse their mics to "shut the fuck up" via text. So, either there was some confusion and a mistake was made or someone hacked my handle to pop up when their mic was used.

Anyone who might of had this problem in the past, or heard of it... Your input would be appreciated. Obviously that would be a pretty decent hack to come in and terrorize on your mic but, someone elses name pops up so admin keeps kicking the wrong people.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rapedollar$ View Post
    did you get banned? Or just muted?

if muted, get over it.

if banned, did you log out and log back in so you could talk again?

If so, banning was legit.

If not, u got muted. /wrists...
    agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed, thank you rape.

9. Default

I did not start this thread to start a back and forth argument. I started it to bring attention to and enter a complaint about what was done. After talking to pwnage, it seems that somehow my handle was mixed up with others that were spamming. I am wondering if somehow someone was using my handle to pop up when things were said so that they would not be kicked. Because, I do not use the word "gay" and do not spam. Anyone who has played with me in the last few months can vouch for me that I have never used a mic and i'm quick to tell people who abuse their mics to "shut the fuck up" via text. So, either there was some confusion and a mistake was made or someone hacked my handle to pop up when their mic was used.

Anyone who might of had this problem in the past, or heard of it... Your input would be appreciated. Obviously that would be a pretty decent hack to come in and terrorize on your mic but, someone elses name pops up so admin keeps kicking the wrong people.
    ...it's not a hack. you just change yournickname quick, say what you want and then switch it back.

hell, you can even make a bind to switch your name and another to put it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ...it's not a hack. you just change yournickname quick, say what you want and then switch it back.

hell, you can even make a bind to switch your name and another to put it back.
    Actually it is a hack. We have had instances where people can mimic the name of a player and you use the mic and it comes out as someone else, and you end up kicking or banning the wrong person. It's happened to me and a few others.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me