Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Admin Command List

1. Default Comprehensive Admin Command List

The intent of this thread is to be a comprehensive source of information for our admins here in the IBIS community. You will find below some of the useful commands that I've used while being an admin, as well as step-by-step procedures for following server protocol regarding bans, and demoing players suspected of cheating or hacking. If you have any questions post them here or message me here on the forums. Likewise, if you have any corrections or additions please post them here on the forums so I can update the list accordingly.

Important Addendum -

When you purchase admin you are entering into an agreement. The <ibis.a> tag carries respect, and continues to do so thanks to the hard work of admins who insure that our servers are the best. We are the police of the IBIS community, and as such we have the tools you'll find below at our disposal. If you are found to be abusive in your use of your powers, then they will simply be stripped, and you will be out of 11 bucks. I urge that if you are reading this as someone considering purchasing admin with the intent to abuse that you save the IBIS community the time, and yourself the embarrassment of having your powers stripped due to abuse.

You are not simply purchasing admin to catch bad guys on our servers. You are purchasing a chance to prove yourself to a rapidly growing, but tight knit community of gamers as being worth our time.

INDEX -

1 - General Commands
    2 - RCON Commands
    3 - Ban/Kick Commands
    4 - Talking as an admin
    5 - Rules and Terms of Service
    6 - How to record, save, and upload a demo

These commands follow a guideline:

command <variable X> <variable Y>
    What the command does.
    ----------------------------------

1 - GENERAL COMMANDS

1.1 - ma_admins
    Displays the names and registered steam name of each player with admin powers logged into the server at that particular moment.

1.2 - ma_beacon name
    Beacons target player based on name.

1.3 - ma_burn name
    Burns target player based on name.

1.4 - ma_cexec <players name or partial name you want to change> name <name you want it changed to>
    Changes a players name to whatever you want it to be. I've only used this command to change players with the name "unnamed" when they cannot actually change it themselves, or if an unnamed player isn't responding. The new name can be anything you wish, so long as it follows IBIS rules in regards to naming (i.e. no racism, etc).

1.5 - ma_drug name
    Drugs target player based on name.

1.6 - ma_freeze name
    Freezes target player based on name. I've commonly used this on cade breakers as a quick way to remove the problem and to be able to explain to them what, exactly, they're doing wrong.

1.7 - ma_givecash #all Y
    Gives cash equal to variable Y to each player. This command is not to be used in WCS.

1.8 - ma_mute name
    Mutes target player based on name. I've only ever used this on mic spammers, and people who in general are causing issues over voice or text chat. Does NOT disable radio communication. You'll have to kick if they persist doing that.

1.9 - ma_spec name
    Moves target player to spectate. I've usually only used these in two instances: cade breakers and afk players. In terms of Pub and GG if you move the last T or CT to spec before the round ends it will prevent the round from ending until time runs out. BE CAREFUL!

1.10 - ma_votequestion "<the question you want prompted to the server>" "<option 1>" "<option 2>" "<option 3>"
    Prompts each player with a question. I've mainly used this in regards to the map, whether people want a map vote, whether to allow fast zombies on certain maps, etc. You can provide as many options as you want. Normally admins put the first couple responses as either blank or something else and then begin the real responses at 3 or 4 in order to prevent players from spamming 1. Asking nonsensical questions constantly is considered admin abuse and will be dealt with accordingly.

1.11 - sb_status
    Displays the steam ID's of all clients currently logged into the server in the console.

2 - RCON Commands

RCON is the remote administration protocol. It is used by admins to alter server settings. These are the RCON commands that you as an admin are authorized to use. Use them with the utmost discretion as if you abuse these commands your RCON powers will be taken away, or you may simply be permanently banned outright. I cannot stress enough: IF YOU ABUSE RCON YOU WILL EITHER BANNED FOREVER OR HAVE YOUR RCON POWERS STRIPPED.

2.1 - ma_rcon _restart
    Crashes the server when entered into the console. The server will restart immediately. I've only used this command when correcting server physics. When in doubt, don't use this command. Notify a more experienced admin to come in to assess server conditions and whether or not restarting the server is necessary. I feel the need to stress that admins who abuse this command will have rcon powers taken away and/or be permanently banned from all IBIS servers.

2.2 - ma_rcon sm_noblock 1

Enables noblock on the server. The "1" after "sm_noblock" essentially stands for "true" (enable) in computer-speak. This is a zmod command to be used ONLY for escape maps. Noblock being enabled generally helps humans since it lets them stack at choke points (such as in ze_spacestation). Survival maps are supposed to have noblock DISABLED.

2.3 - ma_rcon sm_noblock 0

Disables noblock on the server. The "0" after "sm_noblock" essentially stands for "false" (disable) in computer-speak. This is a zmod command that should ONLY be used on escape maps in which disabling noblock (preventing players from passing through one another) would help improve the play experience of the map. Noblock being disabled generally helps zombies by preventing humans from stacking at choke points. Survival maps are supposed to have noblock DISABLED. ONLY disable noblock when there would be no players inside of each other as this has a tendency to crash the server.

2.4 - ma_rcon sv_alltalk 1

Enables alltalk on the server. The "1" after "sv_alltalk" essentially stands for "true" (enable) in computer-speak. This is a command that can be used across all servers. I would be sensitive to player requests on the PUB, and WCS as on those servers in particular competition is more serious.

2.5 - ma_rcon sv_alltalk 0

Enables alltalk on the server. The "0" after "sv_alltalk" essentially stands for "false" (disable) in computer-speak. This is a command that can be used across all servers. I would be sensitive to player requests on the PUB, and WCS as on those servers in particular competition is more serious.

3 - BAN/KICK COMMANDS

3.1 - ma_banip <time of ban in minutes> <ip here>
    Bans the IP for x minutes based on the first variable.

3.2 - ma_ban <time of ban in minutes> <name or partial name>
    Bans the player for x minutes based on the first variable. Make sure that the name or partial name is correct.

3.3 - ma_kick <name, partial name, steam or user ID>
    Kicks the player from the server.

Generally anything else can be dealt with effectively via admin menu. Beacons, freezing, etc are accessible via admin menu. Enable the admin console via the options in steam then enter "admin" into the console. You also have the option of binding "admin" to a key in order to access the menu quickly. You can do this with the following command:

bind <key you want bound> "<command you want bound>"
    For example, if you want to bind admin to I you would type in console:

bind i "admin"
    Then whenever you hit i in game you will bring up the admin menu.

4 - Talking as an admin

I personally use the default keybinds to talk (y for general and u for team). The following section will use the default keybinds, however they can be customized for personal use.

4.1 - Talking on the server as an admin.
    Press y to bring up general chat, type in @ and then what you want to say.

4.2 - Talking on the server with text that appears in the middle of the screen for all players.
    Press y to bring up general chat, type in @@@ and then what you want to say.

4.3 - Talking on the server with text that only other admins can see.
    Press u to bring up team chat, type in @ and then what you want to say.

4.4 - Talking to a specific person so only they see the text
    Press y to bring up general chat, type in @@ <Full/Partial name> and then what you want to say.

5 - Rules and Terms of Service

Additionally, these are the Terms of Service to which you agree upon purchasing admin:

ToS

And theses are the rules to which you agree to uphold during game play.

Rules

6 - How to record, save, and upload a demo

Since there have been many questions posted in regards to how, exactly, you record and post a demo, I've decided to add this to the command list to help new admins.

STEP 1 - Find the hacker or person displaying questionable behavior while in spectate.

This allows you to follow the person constantly and will have your demo record everything they do. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT tell anyone except another admin that you are watching them. If it is an admin displaying questionable behavior that might result from using hacks, don't tell anyone.

STEP 2 - Press ` to open up the developers console and type "record <file name here>"

This begins the demo. An example: If I wanted to record ZERO in the event I caught ZERO while I was in spectate following people through walls, displaying a shaking screen (an aimbot searching for targets), or similar behavior, I would type into the console "record ZERO" - this will start recording a file to your cstrike directory (C: -> Program Files -> STEAM -> steamapps -> your account name -> counter-strike source -> cstrike) under the file name "ZERO." You can replace ZERO with another name in order to make finding the demo easier. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit OS you will find your STEAM folder in the Program Files (x86) folder.

STEP 3 - Before you close out of the console, type "sb_status"

This brings up every logged in clients Steam ID in console. Find your guy and highlight their line and copy it. (ctrl-C will copy).

STEP 4 - Record the player displaying suspicious behavior.

Make sure to stay in spectate during the whole process. There are a few commands of which I will post above at a later time that will make things easier in terms of identifying wall hacks and the like. In general it simply takes experience in order to spot them.

STEP 5 - Press ` to open up the developers console and type "stop"

This will stop the demo and finish saving the file to your cstrike directory.

STEP 6 - Go to the BANS section (if the demo resulted in a permanent ban) and make a post.

Use this format. Be sure to include basic information at the very least: player banned, server of ban, length of ban, and reason for ban. The more information the better, but make sure that you include at LEAST this information in the report to insure that all the bits of information required to make a reasonable judgement on the banning should an issue arise is there.

Step 7 - Attach the demo using the paper clip button next to the smiles button in the control panel for the post.

Click "Choose File" and find the name of the demo you wish to upload. (Our example will be ZERO.dem)

STEP 8 - Once the file upload is complete close out of the Manage Attachment window and then hit the "Submit New Thread" button.

Check the post and make sure that the demo attached. If it didn't, use another file sharing website such as Mediafire or something similar.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 03-30-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Minor update to formatting.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

2. Default

Things you forgot:

ma_freeze name
    ma_drug name
    ma_burn name
    ma_beacon name
    ma_mute name
    ma_spec name

say "@ Admin text"
    say "@@@ Middle of the screen text"
    team say "@ Admin chat only"

sm_noblock 1 - on
    sm_noblock 0 - off

I'll leave out the fun commands.

Also you don't have to type in "sb_status", you can type in "status".

Dennis try this command for binding votequestion to a key

bind v "ma_votequestion 'Question' 'Answer1' 'Answer2' 'Answer3'"
    I don't have access to CSS atm, but I think that might work. Give it a try.

Trying to do it like this...

bind v "ma_votequestion "Question" "Answer1" "Answer2" "Answer3""
    ... will actually negate the console command itself and will give you the error
    "ma_votequestion " is not a valid command
    or something to that equivalent.
    Last edited by anex; 03-06-2010 at 02:13 AM.

3. Default

I just wanted to post a thank you for making and maintaining this thread

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I just wanted to post a thank you for making and maintaining this thread
    You're welcome, ZERO! If you see any commands you'd rather not have posted, or anything that I've mistaken feel free to either notify me, or edit them accordingly. I'm always looking for input.

ps:

Added more general commands and the section "Talking as an admin"

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Also you don't have to type in "sb_status", you can type in "status".
    I much prefer "sb_status" as it displays more concise information, but I added the rest of the commands you posted. If there's anything else let me know!
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 03-08-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

5. Default

Under Rules, there is also an in-game command that allows you to view rules specific to the server you're on. I believe it was either "!rules" or "rules"

Unless Zero updated the rules to mention that, they probably wouldn't know.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Ok I have notice ingame I can type several ma_ commands in the chat box which seems to me can make things fairly quicker and easier for me in servers like zm and gungame. Dont have to go through a list of 40 names to beacon the guy and his name is right there still in chat so i can easily see it and type it out correctly
    ALL work
    @slay <name>
    @beacon <name>
    @freeze <name>
    @mute <name>
    @cexec <name> name <name>

Would this work for kicks and bans too? As long as its typed in the same format
    ma_ban <time of ban in minutes> <name or partial name>
    =
    @ban <time> <name> ???

ma_kick <name, partial name, steam or user ID>
    =
    @kick <name> ???

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    ma_cexec <players name or partial name you want to change> name <name you want it changed to>
    Changes a players name to whatever you want it to be. I've only used this command to change players with the name "unnamed" when they cannot actually change it themselves, or if an unnamed player isn't responding. The new name can be anything you wish, so long as it follows IBIS rules in regards to naming (i.e. no racism, etc).

Assuming that the <> should not be there when actually typing this, does this command work? This one is a little confusing to me. I have tried it numerous ways on unnamed players after warnings to change it, yet it never works.
    owns try this ingame chat
    @cexec unnamed name ILikeItNmyASS
    Console
    ma_cexec unnamed name ILikeItNmyASS
    Last edited by mag36; 05-14-2010 at 02:43 AM.

7. Default

best command of all = ma_help .... which lists all commands.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

sm_parachute_enabled 1/0

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

see, that won't help because we don't have all the mani commands enabled, and we also use some sourceMod commands.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?